Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2001 6:46:14 PM EDT
Jesus! In it come live from Washington, all over the world, for the first time in my life, I have heard the most powerful words to come out of any man's mouth. He may be your President, but to us the USA is the leader of the Western World, and we all look to him for leadership and direction.

I witnessed one of the most, if not historic speeches delivered by your President. A strong man, and no doubt with the support of your Nation, and its Allies throughout the world.

As for the Taliban, they're running for the hills, hiding like the cowards they are.

However my American friends, an old proverb, never underestimate your enemy, as there will be many battles, not only with the Taliban, but other greasy shitholes throughout the world.

This terrorism is a terrible thing, and 11 Sep's disaster will be avenged, as will all terrorist acts committed on people not only westerners but all the worlds oppressed people.  

Things will get nasty for us all involved, and we look to each other to stand united for a cause. Its not just your country's freedom at stake, but everyones, everywhere.

Its just going on to 1300hrs here on Friday. Sleep well, and as you sleep tonight, our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

1feral1
Sydney

We are in for the long haul, and it will not be easy.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I would have to say it was nice to hear the PM of Austrailia offering military support, and the quote we got, "At this point there is no sense in being only a 80% ally". Or that at least was how Fox News reported it this afternoon.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks feral, You Aussies are always cool! Thanks for standing with America.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Australia Says it Will Provide Troops

CANBERRA, Australia (AP) - Australia will provide troops to support any U.S. military action against international terrorism, Prime Minister John Howard said Wednesday.

Howard said last week's airborne terrorist attacks on the United States were also attacks on the freedom and values that Australians share with Americans.

``There's no point in a situation like this being an 80 percent ally,'' Howard told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

``We leave open the option of any kind of military involvement which we are capable of and would be appropriate. And, yes, that includes troops,'' he said.

Howard was in Washington last week when a plane hijacked by terrorists crashed into the Pentagon (news - web sites), and has closely associated himself with the international coalition supporting the United States.

To date, Australia's main contribution has been to leave its navy frigate HMAS Anzac on patrol in the Persian Gulf at the request of the United States. The Anzac, which carries 164 sailors, had been due to return home this week.

Defense Minister Peter Reith said 295 Australian military personnel were already in the United States for reasons ranging from consular duties to working with combat units.

``About 28 are involved in American combat units of some sort or another and could be deployed at any time within the U.S. or abroad,'' he said.

Reith added that Australia also was working closely with U.S. authorities ``on intelligence matters.''

Last Friday the government invoked a clause in Australia's 50-year-old ANZUS military treaty with the United States which means that an attack on U.S. territory was considered an attack on Australia.
View Quote

Thank you all 1feral1!

Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow live in Austrailia.  Thank you for the nice complement.  During the American Revolutionary War, U.S. Navy hero John Paul Jones said, immortal American words "we have just begun to fight."
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, Duffy

Cheers and Beers,

1feral1
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm comforted knowing that Australia is with "US" great people, great fighters!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top