Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2001 5:06:04 PM EDT
I was looking at a T/C Encore pistol in .223 with 15" bbl. any comments good or bad?
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a TC Contender Super 14 in .223 and 7-30 Waters. A great pistol. Interchangeable barrels in every conceivable caliber. What more can you ask for? Just make the first shot count. It IS a single shot. Hornady and others offer reloading info based on the shorter barrel length. I have never shot the 45-70(nor do I want to), but with the reasonable calibers, it is a fine silhouette and hunting pistol.Get the ported barrel in the heavier calibers.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have Super 14's in .223 and 30-30 and a 15 inch S/S Encore in .308Win. All are superb...!
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#4]
For .223, I'd go with a T/C Contender.  They are changing the internal design this year to match the Encore's anyway, so there won't be any difference other than frame size and barrel availability.

If you want to shoot heavy calibers, up to .300 Win Mag, then the Encore would be the one to get.

And there is absolutely nothing preventing you from getting both. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife surprised me with a stainless Encore and .223 barrel last Christmas.  With open sights and cheap PMC ammo the gun is more accurate than I am.  It is forcing me to spend more time at the range in order to up my skill level.  It is a heavy pistol so the .223 reminds you of shooting rimfire.

I have not added any other barrels yet.  I think a .308 is in my future.  If you prefer scopes, just budget that for every barrel you acquire you will also need a scope and rings.  

Enjoy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top