Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2001 1:10:54 PM EDT
I bought a "bushmaster" M4 pre-ban upper from him, i just hope it was bushmaster after reading some of your posts, it's a flat top upper with a 14.5" barrel and a phantom flash suppressor, the barrel is stamped BM so i guess the barrel is bushmaster , is there a way to know if the upper receiver and the bolt assembly is bushmaster.?
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#1]
please respond.

thanx
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#3]
i bought a whole upper (m4) from bushmaster and gunsmoke.  they were both the same
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have purchased both a Bushmaster M4 style upper and a Dissipator upper from Gunsmoke.  Both were exactly as advertised.  Ed is a straight-up guy.  

S. Cromer
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#5]
thanx guys, it's just what i wanted to hear.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
thanx guys, it's just what i wanted to hear.
View Quote

Can you keep us posted on how the deal works out for you? Phone calls? service? quality? problems? return shipping if any? Lets give the Ed's the benefit of the doubt!
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I've had great service from gunsmoke. Friendly over the phone, and got just what I ordered promptly.

I also ordered a Bushmaster 14.5" upper with phantom. The only difference was that I ordered the M4 upper kit. Everything was Bushmaster except for the handguards, which are RRA I think since last I heard Bushmaster isn't shipping theres with the M4 handguards.

Overall, I've had great experiance with them. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know about him, does RRA make M4 handguards that look like COLT's, i don't think the ones i got are colt, i called him and he said they were colt. i'm not sure anymore after reading all the posts about him.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I really hate to say it but now you've got me a little worried as well.  I placed my BM order with Ed last week.  I'll make a post to let everyone know how things went.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:28:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I was just about to place an order, but now I'm a little reluctant to do so...
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I hate to cost the guy any business it's just i was reading the "Gunsmoke thumbs up or down" thread and someone there got me worried, that's all, I still don't know if i got what i ordered i hope i did, my question is does RRA make handguards that look like COLT's ?

Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#12]
once again i really don't know what's going on, i received my upper last week and then i read the thread "Gunsmoke thumbs up or thumbs down" and some of the posts there got me worried, I just don't know what to think.

Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was just about to place an order, but now I'm a little reluctant to do so...
View Quote

ditto that, I'm in the market for a Superlight BM upper, and now am in the quandry zone after today's postings.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 10:37:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope this helps everyone.

Q: I bought what I thought was a Bushmaster at a gun show. It has a lot of problems, and I think I got taken. How can I be sure of buying a Bushmaster?

A: We have seen this happen many times here. We get rifles all the time for warranty service that have our lower receiver, but every other part is a gun show special. Before purchasing, look things over carefully. You are about to lay down a sizeable chunk of money, so take a minute to be sure of what you are buying.
Bushmaster's identifying marks are:

1. On the barrel, in front of the front sight, it will be stamped:
"B MP 5.56 NATO 1/9 H BAR" (exactly that way). On some barrels, it may be under the handguard, but it will still say that exact thing. The only difference might be a 1/7 instead of a 1/9 . This denotes the rifling twist.
2. Our front sights are held on by two taper pins, one through each of the bands of the front sight. We do not use hollow roll pins, never have - never will.
3. Our upper receiver has raised letters "FK" on the right side by the rear sight base.
4. Our handguards have aluminum heat shields in them.
5. Our barrels have the correct gray/green manganese phosphate finish, not black.
6. Our tele-stocks have a small roll pin holding the nut on under the sliding latch. If it's not pinned, it's not ours.
7. Our hammers and triggers have polished contact surfaces, and the hammer has the letter "P" on the left side, while the trigger has it on the right side.
8. Our bolt cariers have the gas key staked on by 4 V-shaped stamps.
9. We always use aluminum delta rings to retain the handguards.
10. Our buffers have a gold-colored finish on them, which is easy to see inside the stock.
11. Our aluminum parts all have the mil. spec hard anodized flat or matte finish to them, not shiny. This includes the receivers, the charging handle, and the delta ring. However, oil on the surface might make the normally flat or matte finish appear shiny.
The best insurance is to always buy from a local dealer, someone you can go back to if you have any problems. Most of them are reputable, and will at least help you contact the factory for service problems.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:50:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Hello coltar1five:

I don't give a sh*t about gunsmoke. However this is our experience:

gunsmoke sent us a USED upper that appeared to be all Bushmaster. We returned that and he sent us an upper that did not have a Bushmaster upper receiver. This could not have been a factory Bushmaster. Our experience indicates gunsmoke believes anyone stupid enough to buy from him is stupid enough to be ripped off.

In contrast, Bushmaster is a class act.

Today, our rifle does not have a single part touched by gunsmoke. How? Bushmaster is a class act.

Do youself a big favor and buy from Bushmaster directly.

I hope that helps you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:33:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Back in 1993, I specifically asked for a complete Bushmaster upper receiver in 11.5 configuration. What I got was an upper with no heatshield inside the handguards, and no peel washers underneath the A2 bird cage. I telephoned Ed Sr., and he was extremly courteous and professional. He graciously exchanged my handguards with a set that has the heatshield attached. However, in 1996, after I became aware of the specific marking that Bushmaster uses for identification, I couldn’t find any of those marking on my receiver or the 11.5 barrel. Even today, I still wonder if I was had. I’m hoping it was an honest mistake on the part of Gunsmoke, and I would still buy from them so long as I exercise greater circumspection.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Recently recieved a M4 upper, receiver does not appear to be marked "FK", if as the above post indicates - near the rear sight base. Finish doesnt match my BM lower, but its close. Bolt carrier has rectangular stakes, staked screws are marked "FAE" or similar. Barrel is marked "B MP" etc. But remainder of the parts mentioned above are shiney. If a BM flat-top upper should be marked "FK", I didnt get one. But since a flat-top has no sight base, perhaps they are not marked.

In any event may send it up to Bushmaster and pony up the cash to confirm it is or it aint. If they do that sort of thing. I was expecting a Bushmaster upper as it states on my invoice. I sure hope that's what I got.

Luck
Alacrity
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#18]
This belongs in the Industry Forums, not in General.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top