Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2001 11:14:36 AM EDT
I always like looking for good deals on surplus stuff simply because I consider myself a collector.  Some people get baseball cards, I get guns and surplus... Anyway, the other day I ordered an East German M10M gas mask for about $29.00... I've been hearing all this talk about how hard masks are to find since the WTC incident, but I couldn't  believe it... I just went back to the site where i ordered mine and to my great surprise they are no longer selling them due to the overwhelming demand!  Unbelievable...
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I know, I have about a half a dozen M17 or M17A1s and my girlfriend said to sell some of them since they were selling so high.......I told her I do not sell guns and I do not sell gear.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Whoa... M17s are expensive normally!  The East German M10M is almost an exact replica... correct?
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#3]

i noticed yesterday that there was a huge demand for masks on ebay. the israeli masks are selling for close to 100.00 a piece in some cases. it is unreal.

i'm not sure who exactly is buying all this stuff, but people are paying top dollar for surplus equipment or stuff that is used.

as part of y2k, i followed the gas masks pretty closely. at this point it is probably impossible to find a new bio/chem/riot mask unless you pay super top dollar. all of the dealers i ever knew of are sold out. (you can still find the full face respirators though, but these filters are for industrial gases and such...not sarin.)

asod is overwhlemed. check out the message on their site. botach is sold out.

were talking several week wait times at this point.

if things get ugly..i cannot imagine the panic that would ensue. hopefully this is just a temporary spike.

**if anyone knows where i can pick up a couple of M95 masks, please let me know.**
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top