Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2001 9:13:52 AM EDT
I'm looking to get a M4 upper, Probably Bushmaster unless there is something better out there. So were the best place to get it.

Thanks
Clinth
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Somebody has got to have a favorite company to deal with. I'm looking to buy a M4 upper in the next week.

Clinth
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#2]
No, there is not anything better out there. Bushmaster is the way to go, if you just want to start out in quality. You get the 5.56 chamber not .223(unlike Armalite), chromelined barrel(unlike everybody except the old Colt barrels, and some Armalite), a neccesity for a serious social AR15, not to mention it will last longer. Their barrels are made of 4150 steel(tougher), their flattop uppers are in spec unlike RRA(like, however Colt, Oly and Armalite, to be fair), and their past warranty work included a brand new barrel for my dissapator when I had some FTE's. Cost? Free, and the gun now extracts great. I also have an M4 upper by them, that I'm very plaesd with. Shoots like a dream.

All of my AR15's have older chromelined Colt or Bushmaster upper assemblies, and it's going to stay that way, no matter how many more I get.

I have ordered direct from Bushmaster thus far. I would have said Gunsmoke Ent. until the thread earlier today mentioned non factory parts sold as Bushmaster parts, which makes me leery, savings or no savings.

Juggernaut(an unapologetic Bushmaster apologist![:D])
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
[size=5]BUSHMASTER[/size=5]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for the BM upper - mine's perfect!
Get it direct from the source & you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#5]
So are you buying directly from Bushmaster?
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:49:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Dennis Todd has some Colt M4 uppers, or did, at a nice price. I got a nice M4A2 14.5" bbl Colt upper for a little over $500 including bolt group. The BM is very good, and cheaper, but I prefer the genuine Colt when it comes to an M4 upper. Of course, I always sell that shaved "sporter"  carrier that comes with it right away, and put in a BM or FN semi carrier(keep the MPC bolt, it has the carbine extractor with the little black thingy). JMO-YMMV
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So are you buying directly from Bushmaster?
View Quote

Yes, always.  I could probably get the parts cheaper elsewhere, but their customer service is awesome; that, to me, is worth the extra $.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top