Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2001 5:45:50 PM EDT
The reason Osama Bin Laden and extremists like him are so powerful is because they have billions of dollars that can be used to buy influence and supplies.  The reason these Saudi/Iraqi/etc people are so wealthy is because we Americans give them buckets of money.  Not in foreign aide, but in buying their gas and oil.  Bin Laden would be a nobody if his daddy wasn't getting rich from Exxon.  The way to stop these extremists is to greatly reduce our use of gasoline and oil.  Think of how many ways you could use less gas or oil and you will see that this is a way to wage a bloodless battle against Islamic extremists.  I normally would drive the 4 blocks to the post office but today I decided to walk and it got me thinking of how many other ways I could stop using gas.  I hear that having your tire's air pressure filled to factory specs can save a lot of gas every year.  That's just a small thing I can do and if everyone did it, think of the thousands of dollars that wouldn't be wasted on getting these terrorists rich.  Who else has some ideas on how to conserve gas?
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:49:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It won't be long and we'll be taking their damn oil and there is nobody, absolutely nobody, that can stop us.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe Osama's father was rich due to construction. Anyway, it won't do him much good now, I believe he's already inherited his money.

We will still need gas. The best thing you can do is call your reps and tell them to support drilling in ANWR.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#3]
When the price of gas went past 1.70 I started riding a bike to work, I was spending 30 bucks a week in gas, now I use about $10.00. Gonna buy me a M-1A with the savings.

Tom
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:55:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Switch the economy to [b][i]hydrogen[/b][/i] based fuel, not only in this country but across the world.  Yes, I know it will take time and yes I know we will still need oil, but get it from our own backyard!  

The federal government should put a billion or two into hydrogen research and then our kids and their kids will never have to face another terrorist attack like September 11, 2001.

Let the bastards in the Middle East drown in their oil.

HoldHard
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:04:21 AM EDT
[#6]
hey, no one ever says look at my 427 hemi, painted competion orange, that runs on hydrogen, if you like hydrogen, you can't be a car guy. sorry but it's true.

gasoline and  diesel have to be about the 2 funnest liquids in the world, up there with r&r canadian whiskey, beer, and the lubricatiing fluids a woman produces when you *warm her up*

hehe

OffRoad
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:06:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I think you are right but I have the opposite solution. Lets stop using OUR oil. Use ALL of theirs and in ten years, only us and our friends will have any left. Forget bombing them to the stone age, lets send themthere the old fashioned way.

High Performance Tactical Gear!
[url]www.Lightfighter.com[/url]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:53:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Switch the economy to hydrogen based fuel, not only in this country but across the world.
View Quote

Where are you going to get the hydrogen?
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:02:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Maybe it's time for me to think about getting one of those electric cars.  I've seen those hybrid cars, the Honda Insight in my area. Now if the gov't would subsidize about 1/2 the price of those maybe we would not need to have any foreign oil or new domestic drilling. I don't agree with drilling Alaska, personally.  The oil there would only be enough to supply the US for a month so what's the point?  Let's switch from oil to something else to run all our stuff.
View Quote

The problem is that you still have to burn fossil fuels to generate the electricity needed to charge electric vehicles. So, you're still dependant upon them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:06:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
hey, no one ever says look at my 427 hemi, painted competion orange, that runs on hydrogen, if you like hydrogen, you can't be a car guy. sorry but it's true.

gasoline and  diesel have to be about the 2 funnest liquids in the world, up there with r&r canadian whiskey, beer, and the lubricatiing fluids a woman produces when you *warm her up*

hehe

OffRoad
View Quote

[B]426[/B] Hemi, now available in 472 and 528 too!

BTW mine will be running on propane and will be either 588 or 604 cubic inches. If I feel like preparing the block, it'll be 604. If I leave the block alone then 588.

I wish my site were up, i'd give you the link with the specs but i'm having some problems with my ISP because someone is using my name & credit.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:07:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:34:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Thumbhole...you're dreaming.  Osama bin Laden got his money from his father's constuction company.  
The way to get back at him is to find him and kill him.  After that is accomplished, our work has just begun because we then have to find and kill every terrorist in every cell ...everywhere.  
You can inflate your tires all you want, but you're just jerking off if you think that will make any difference what so ever.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:50:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Switch the economy to hydrogen based fuel, not only in this country but across the world.
View Quote

View Quote

Plans by the hydrogen-minded companies call for rendering hydrogen from water.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:55:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It won't be long and we'll be taking their damn oil and there is nobody, absolutely nobody, that can stop us.
View Quote

If we would just do it!

BigDozer66  [-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Plans by the hydrogen-minded companies call for rendering hydrogen from water.
View Quote

Where is the electricity to split the water molecules going to come from?
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, here in California most of our power plants (yeah the ones that produce electricity) are run on natural gas, not oil or petrolium products.  We also have some water powered hydro-electric power plants.  The US has a huge supply of natural gas so there's no worries about using it up to produce electricity.  Besides, some of you guys need to think more outside the box.  Just because we don't have something now, doesn't mean we can't invent it tomorrow.  I had a 1966 Buick Riviera that I sold to a guy who converted it to Liquid Propane Gas.  That 425CI engine ran just fine on LPG, so I'm told and didn't give up much in performance.  If we put time and effort in to development, we could have hydro powered muscle cars without having to worry about poisoning our oxygen.  Remember, this is America, we can make anything work if we put our minds to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top