Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2001 2:44:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Barbecue paint.  It's durable, matte finished, and resists heat quite well.  I bought a Maadi a year or so ago, refinished it, and recently sold it for a cool $300 profit.  I did the exposed metal and the mags with barbecue paint and it looked damn good.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]
HR, I thought you gave up guns and put on an apron?
Gerry
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 12:25:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Gun kote or baking lacquer from Brownells. The result looks very nice and is durable.

I refinished my 10/22, scope mount, rings, and screws with black matte baking lacquer and I got yelled at for lowering it's collectors value.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:17:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I like to use Brownells Teflon/Moly oven cure or Brownells Gun-Kote oven cure. I strip the weapon down and then use 600 wet-dry sand paper with alcohol on the outside of the weapon. Use fine steel wool for inside the receiver. I then use Brownells TCE degreaser to finish. I do allot of shotguns for LE in my area. They look like new and have a very durable finish. Make sure that the Mrs is out of the house while baking the finish in the oven. It makes a hell of a smell for awhile. E-mail me if you have any other questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top