Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2001 1:47:07 PM EDT
It is driving me crazy.  I hate sitting on the side lines and watching this.  It's like that "Big game" I always trained for is gonna finally be played (without me).  It's not so much an anger, I JUST WANNA GO!  I participated in a few "police actions" while in the Marines, but nothing with a purpose like this.  Most Vets I talk to understand what I'm saying, but most others do not.  Any thoughts? Anybody else going nuts?

Godspeed to my brothers of the 26th MEU

SgtKiwi
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm 46, outta shape, and married with a big mortgage. But dammit, if I could I'd re-up in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:18:43 PM EDT
[#2]
i probably shouldnt say this, as i'm not a vet. Heck, yes, i want to go. when i saw the film the first time my first thought was "i've got an ar15, where to i sign up?". i'm a fair shot, but i'm 48, slow and tired, and i'd be a liability on the battlefield. there are other ways for us older guys to contribute.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:57:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm 44 I retired in 94 I take the physical on the 25th of Sept, ( I misread the calendar on another thred) Does not mean they will let me go, but I am trying. Ya I wanna go.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I am pissed that I am too old (47) to go. Damnit, I spent 7 years learning to be a damn good tanker. It just isn't right for this to be a young mans game.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top