Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2001 1:10:24 PM EDT
I live in Pensacola and am looking for a place to shoot my guns. I want somewhere I can shoot my SKS as fast as I can pull the trigger. ANy help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:07:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody ?
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#2]
..there is a nice outdoor range in pace / chumuckla on quintette rd....actually it sucks because they have implemented the "2 seconds between each shot" rule...o/w it is really nice.

...styx river park off interstate 10 in alabama...i have never been to that one though.

goodluck!
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Try the Champion Range on Quintette Road. Public range, 100 yard rifle, 50 yd. pistol
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been to Champion SHooting Sports twice and I hate the 2 seconds rule. that is why I'm looking for somewhere else where I can truly shoot as fast as I can.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Most ranges that implement the 1 or 2 second between shots rule do so because the Rapid Fire Rambos who shoot as fast as they can tend to do so wildly, causing damage to target frames, hitting other shooter's targets, splattering hot brass all over adjacent shooters and generally making it difficult for those trying to improve their skills to concentrate on the task.  These shooters, the ones trying to improve their skills, tend to be the kind who come back more frequently, spending more money at the range.  The Rapid Fire Rambos tend to return less often and spend less money at the range when they do.  They drive the better customers away and cost the range money, maybe even forcing it to close.

I vote for the 2 second rule.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#6]
When did Champion add that rule ? I ditched the place after the last owner required you to purchase their targets.
If you have a truck or car that can manage slightly rough roads (I ain't talking serious off roading here) you can join ERML... Go down to Gateswood on 29, it's only like $40 a year. Last I heard they nixed the rapid-fire rule, but your rounds must be hitting the target. It's only about a mile or so away from Champion range.

There are private clubs around here, but I don't think they are for you.
Personally, I never had a problem with someone shooting rapid fire... But, when some bozo is dumping a 30rd mag and hitting everything but the target, well...it just ain't cool.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Anybody know anything about the Pensacola Rifle and Pistol Club. I pulled up their site but they don't have much information.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Mobile Shooting Center does not allow rapid fire either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top