Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2001 9:41:40 AM EDT
. . . and saw a huge chunk of our Navy heading east.  I'm use to seeing a big-ass carrier or sub now and again when I'm out surfing, but I have not seen this since Desert Storm.  I could barely hear the surf (it's big right now) due to all of the hover craft, F-18s and helos buzzing all over the place.  Very impressive and VERY comforting!  

I hope we have the stomach to sustain this.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Went surfing today at lunch . . .
View Quote

[-!-!-]

Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:57:42 AM EDT
[#2]
LOL!
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I have to agree with antiUSSA.

"Went surfing today at lunch"

You suck!  [:)]

Lets see, I went to Rally's drive through for lunch.  How exciting.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if any contigency plans are being drawn up to mobilize the mothballed units of the National Defense Reserve Fleet? It would be nice to see the Iowas heading back to sea.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:10:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Ashley Banfield (MSNBC info-whore) just showed a pic of the Bataan group and pronounced it "baton", as in that thing she use to throw up into the air in high school.

Stupid bitch.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
the National Defense Reserve Fleet? It would be nice to see the Iowas heading back to sea.
View Quote

That would be awesome!
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Went surfing today at lunch . . .
View Quote

[-!-!-]

View Quote

I too must concur!

Surfing?

At Lunch?

You do suck!

HEck though, if I lived on the ocean I'd do the same.

At lunch today, I cleaned house and surfed as well................on the web.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey, take it easy.  It's not like I surf EVERY day, more like every [i]other[/i] day.

Plus, when it's been as big as it has the last week, why should the porpoise have all the fun?  I actually saw a near collision last night between two porpoise (or is it [i]porpi[/i]?) and a buddy of mine who was taking off on a wave.  They jumped all the way out of the water, in formation, and almost nailed the guy.  Very cool.  Oh yea, he fell off his board and probably soiled his undergarments.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I saw this on the news (the fleet not you surfing).  

Impressive, very impressive.  [^]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Desert life sucks, I don't like you.  I think anybody able to surf every other day sucks.

What kind of board you using?
Ice
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#12]
[img]film.tierranet.com/films/a.now/kilgore2.gif[/img]
Nice work son, that's what makes America great....because we all know the Taliban don't surf!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What kind of board you using?
Ice
View Quote

6'4" Seasoned thruster shaped by Scott Perry.  When it's small or I want to look old and used-up, I borrow a long board.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#14]
The USS Theodore Roosevelt aircraft carrier battle group will deploy Wednesday from Norfolk, Virginia, headed for the Mediterranean Sea "and perhaps points east" of there, officials told CNN .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top