Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2007 7:08:01 PM EDT
Total comes to about what my salary is.  But I got a $2600 bonus last February. But that is obviously not included in the total.  Same thing with another coworker, her bonus does not appear to be included in the total.

I plan on verifying with the finance department tomorrow.  But what does ARFCOM say?
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:11:40 PM EDT
[#1]

theres a spot of for reporting other wages. the goobermint is good that way.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#2]
when you get a bonus there is another form like the w-2 that is used for bonuses if it isnt reported with or regular taxes your company should provide you with a copy of it...
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Was it cash, check or electronic? My pay is DD. If it's cash and there's no record of it then let it fly. I think the President even once said it's harmless to cheat a little on taxes. The banks send your info to the .gov so if you got yur bonus by check or DD and it increases your interest the bank gives you, the .gov will get that info. It only matters to me if there's a paper or electronic trail.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Was it cash, check or electronic? My pay is DD. If it's cash and there's no record of it then let it fly. I think the President even once said it's harmless to cheat a little on taxes. The banks send your info to the .gov so if you got yur bonus by check or DD and it increases your interest the bank gives you, the .gov will get that info. It only matters to me if there's a paper or electronic trail.

It was DD and I even have a stub showing where they taxed the heck out of it.  That's why I expected it to show up on the W2.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#5]
You might get lucky and get some of those taxes back in your return. I think they estimate how much you'll make and your actual taxes are compared and you get the remaining back. Bonuses have always jacked up my expected salary to the point in which I owe the state income tax. The fed return usually gets smaller after entering my bonuses. I've only been doing my own taxes via turbo tax for 3 years now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top