Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2007 7:32:38 AM EDT
The Commandant of the Marine Corps, General Conway, (Great guy) was recently asked about the random mortaring occuring in Iraq at various bases while giving a talk/speech.

Here's his answer:

Referring to the perimeter guards, Conway drew cheers by telling the questioning corporal that "those grunts are out there doing the best they can, son…. They would like some help if you would like to help them."

My admiration for the Commandant grows more each day, and each time I read a new article about him! They need to put him in charge of the whole war.
He really is a very impressive man, and has had a stunning carreer.

ETA:

“The raw courage, the selflessness, the teamwork demonstrated by this young generation is absolutely unbelievable,” said Conway. “I would suggest that our services, our Corps and our nation are in great shape for a long time to come.”

Conway takes the helm as Marines continue to engage enemies on the frontlines of the Global War on Terrorism.

“This is going to take awhile,” he said of ongoing operations in Iraq. “With your support there is only one outcome, and that is victory.”
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 8:09:52 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds like a great guy
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 8:18:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
sounds like a great guy

Not just a great guy, his bio is AWESOME.

Everything I have heard about the man is impressive.
They all say he is the right man to lead the Corps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top