Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2007 6:10:05 AM EDT
The title says it mostly, do you like them as paintings, do you like the style?
And no IBTP's because no poll will be coming

ETA, I didn't do these, and if by some chance you recognize the artist, please don't comment yet

ETA2, Edit of title

These paintings were done by Timothy James Francis Patch, going by the name Pricasso, the
as far as I know, leader in penile art!
Penile art is as the name implies,  using one's penis as a brush.
He also does commissions which come with a making DVD!
I won't post a link for obvious reasons, but 5 seconds of google will find his website.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:12:12 AM EDT
[#1]
they are lifelike enough to be distubing. kind of evil looking actually. who are the subjects? the bottom one looks like dick cheney.

the top? don't know but he looks EVIL.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:12:48 AM EDT
[#2]
There is not enough of them to show a style, but I see a commonality. They would be helped by a good frame or a matting.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:12:56 AM EDT
[#3]
It's reminiscent of Fauvism, which I really like for landscapes. It doesn't seem to suit portraits, at least to me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:16:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's reminiscent of Fauvism, which I really like for landscapes. It doesn't seem to suit portraits, at least to me.

+1
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:21:32 AM EDT
[#5]

I have just the place for 'em  
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:22:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't care for them, myself. But then again, I've never cared for any of Madonna's work.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:29:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Neo-primitivism with anarcha-feministic overtones.  The featureless blackness of the suits combined with the deliberately understated outlines of the neckties draws the viewer's attention to the drooling facial expressions of the exploitative white European subjects.  I suspect this pair was intended as a diptych, emphasizing the conspicuous lack of significant difference between the "red" and the "blue".

Someone needs to learn how to mix acrylic pigments.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:31:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I like them. Depending on the subject, I'd probably find a place for one in my home.  Perhaps a Fred Flintstone, seriously.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:02:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
they are lifelike enough to be distubing. kind of evil looking actually. who are the subjects? the bottom one looks like dick cheney.

the top? don't know but he looks EVIL.

The top person is Kim Christian Beazley who is an Australian politician, ex-leader of the Australian Labor Party.

The bottom person is John Howard, the Prime Minster of Australia.

Though I didn't notice before, I suspect California_Kid is right and the two were painted as some sort of a set, or in relation.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:09:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Boris Yeltsin hair is wrong and  where is Gorbachev's stain?
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:14:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Man, I hate cocky artist types who have the balls to paint political figures unrealistically. He's probably trying to make some kind of political statement ... kind of a dick move if you ask me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:22:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Man, I hate cocky artist types who have the balls to paint political figures unrealistically. He's probably trying to make some kind of political statement ... kind of a dick move if you ask me.

JACKPOT! WW
Now are you giving hints that you know who the painter is, or is your subconscious reacting?

*Disclaimer, the meaning of the above criptive message and the punch line of this post will come in about 10 hours.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:24:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't like them.

Looks like something a 9 year old would churn out.

Av.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Pictures of Rosie O'Donnell's napkins?

I don't get it.

Sheep
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:26:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't like them at all.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#16]

i think they kinda suck, but I am sure they are by some famous dude that has folks with more money than sense climbing over one another to buy them at obscene prices.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 8:39:50 AM EDT
[#17]
I dont particularly like portraits, especially in that style. As someone said Fauvism looks better on landscapes IMO
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 8:55:28 AM EDT
[#18]
They are ugly as hell and a pair of homos from Fire Island will probably buy them for about $50,000.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#19]
How convenient I just ran out of toilet paper.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 9:03:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Not a fan. I like my art to look like the artist studied anatomy for a bit, or was inspired. I don't see either in these.

The eyes aren't bad but the hand is wretched.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 9:05:23 AM EDT
[#21]
i like the style, just not the subjects.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Sorry, not my style.  I'm sure somebody will appreciate them.  They seem well done.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks like a 10yr old did them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

JACKPOT! WW
Now are you giving hints that you know who the painter is, or is your subconscious reacting?

*Disclaimer, the meaning of the above cryptic message and the punch line of this post will come in about 10 hours.

A bit early, but I've undated the first post with additional details.
They explain why I was so suprised at the red in the above post
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#25]
So is there any vagina art? Penis art is just gay.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Neo-primitivism with anarcha-feministic overtones....

...I suspect this pair was intended as a diptych...

...Someone needs to learn how to mix acrylic pigments.

Man, I was SO close to pegging it!
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#27]
The high school art teacher from my high school is dubbed the "ass-painter" - he paints with his ass and his "genitals" I'll see if I can find some of his art. They go for $900+
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#28]
I can think of ALOT better things to do with my johnson!!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#29]
This is from the art teacher from my old high school (now in college), all done with his butt and his genitals

Here's an article if you'd like to read about it:

www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/12/12/national/a170426S95.DTL&type=bondage

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#30]
WTF.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top