Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2007 4:33:09 AM EDT
So i'm at dinner the other day with a good friend of our family, which is the head of IA for a pretty large police department (northeast city) and i bring up a incident we had the other week. Seems a lesbian female officer had just found a newer girlfriend, and went out drinking.  On the way home she decided to pull over on a highway, get out of her car and draw and fire her sidearm into the air to show off to the new girlfriend. A state tropper sitting with a radar gun heard the shots, and made the arrest.  When I asked about her punishment, she got 60 days no pay. But she still has a job, and can still carry a pistol, and can still tell you and me they we are the bad people.  She did the following:

1, drank and drove
2, had a loaded pistol in the car
3, fired this pistol while drunk
4, fired the pistol into the air with no backstop

If a civilian had done this, we would of lost out pistol permit instantly (NYS), lost all of out pistols, been made a felon, then lost any rights to vote or have any firearms.  She gets 60 days with no pay, and the best line as said by the head of IA, "ITS THE PERKS OF THE JOB" and "IT WAS JUST ONE MINOR INDESCRETION".  Gotta love the two sides of the law.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:35:52 AM EDT
[#1]
What does the officer's sexual orientation have to do with the story?
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:39:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Adds evidence that she has trouble making correct decisions.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:41:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:42:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Gives a better picture in my mind's eye when I am imgaining her drunk, on the side of the road drawing her piece.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:42:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:42:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It helped me picture a big fat drunk dyke waving a gun around screaming "Lick me! I'm badass!"
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:43:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So carpet munching is a bad thing?!  
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:47:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not if I get to watch.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:47:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It just adds more justification for the OP's hatred of Cop's.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:49:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It just adds more justification for the OP's hatred of Cop's.

Just the ones above the law.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 5:00:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So i'm at dinner the other day with a good friend of our family, which is the head of IA for a pretty large police department (northeast city) and i bring up a incident we had the other week. Seems a lesbian female officer had just found a newer girlfriend, and went out drinking.  On the way home she decided to pull over on a highway, get out of her car and draw and fire her sidearm into the air to show off to the new girlfriend. A state tropper sitting with a radar gun heard the shots, and made the arrest.  When I asked about her punishment, she got 60 days no pay. But she still has a job, and can still carry a pistol, and can still tell you and me they we are the bad people.  She did the following:

1, drank and drove

If a civilian had done this, we would of lost out pistol permit instantly (NYS), lost all of out pistols, been made a felon, then lost any rights to vote or have any firearms.  She gets 60 days with no pay, and the best line as said by the head of IA, "ITS THE PERKS OF THE JOB" and "IT WAS JUST ONE MINOR INDESCRETION".  Gotta love the two sides of the law.

People that are the heads of IA depts don't discuss any disciplinary matter in public. Opens the dept. up to lawsuits. Nice try, though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 5:05:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 5:26:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Afew years ago here in central Pennsylvania we had two state cops who where out

allnight at a popular sports bar drinking. Closing time rolled around and they left the

bar. And they both happened to be driving New Corvettes. Well it is'nt hard to guess

what happened next... The race was on.  So there lit out of the bar putting on one hell

of a display of burn outs and dounuts in the large parking lot, for the other paitrons

who where also leaving the bar. Then racing across town at speeds of over 100 M.P.H

one of the Troopers (both of witch will remain nameless) failed to negotiate a turn had

a horriable crash and died as a result of his injurys. Well the other trooper witnessed

the crash then left the scene when he saw how bad it was. Took his corvette home then

got scared and returned I guess in another vehicle.  Nothing ever happened to the

trooper.... No DUI, No loss of job, nothing. Word around town was they moved him to

another police barrex in another town and he had a desk job for awhile. Just another

example of the boys in blue taking care of there own, behind the blue wall.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:05:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So carpet munching is a bad thing?!  

I did a baaaaaaaaaaaad thing!  
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:09:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

it makes this story sexy.

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:21:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1, drank and drove

People that are the heads of IA depts don't discuss any disciplinary matter in public. Opens the dept. up to lawsuits. Nice try, though.

If the rest of the .gov can make bad decisions, then IA certainly can.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:37:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Afew years ago here in central Pennsylvania we had two state cops who where out

allnight at a popular sports bar drinking. Closing time rolled around and they left the

bar. And they both happened to be driving New Corvettes. Well it is'nt hard to guess

what happened next... The race was on.  So there lit out of the bar putting on one hell

of a display of burn outs and dounuts in the large parking lot, for the other paitrons

who where also leaving the bar. Then racing across town at speeds of over 100 M.P.H

one of the Troopers (both of witch will remain nameless) failed to negotiate a turn had

a horriable crash and died as a result of his injurys. Well the other trooper witnessed

the crash then left the scene when he saw how bad it was. Took his corvette home then

got scared and returned I guess in another vehicle.  Nothing ever happened to the

trooper.... No DUI, No loss of job, nothing. Word around town was they moved him to

another police barrex in another town and he had a desk job for awhile. Just another

example of the boys in blue taking care of there own, behind the blue wall.

I posted a thread about this same kind of thing yesterday, be prepared to get shouted down by the officers who post here.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

1, drank and drove

I'm confused,which dept.did this happen in?Your's or your friend of the family?????
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

That shit infuriates me.

As I've said before, enforcing the law is not an excuse for breaking it.  Especially in this manner.

Simply because of their place in Society, officers MUST be held to a higher standard of conduct.  Both by society, and by themselves.   If they cannot maintain that standard of conduct, then they are unfit for the trust Society has placed on them.

IMO, she should have been held fully accountable in a court of law just the same as any other citizen would have.   And on top of that, she should have received her departmental repremand.( i.e 60 days no pay, demotion, etc).

Fuck the double standard, and fuck any cop who defends it.  They bitch about the anti-cop rhetorhic in GD, then they create it by defending assholes like this and furthering the divide between "us and them."
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 6:58:15 AM EDT
[#20]
There was an incident in Houston on new year's eve with a cop who was drunk and firing a pistol and an AR15.  Some of the rounds went through a nearby house.  He was arrested, and if convicted, he will lose (see I used it correctly) his job and peace officers certification.  

This is to show that they don't all get away with it.

I am also not a police apologist.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:04:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Duh, it clearly illustrates that anyone who wears a "strap on" can't be trusted with a firearm.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:07:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Well here, might lose your permit (sheriffs discreation), you get to keep your firearms, all misdemenaor charges, you would not be suspended from your job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top