Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2001 7:09:20 AM EDT
Apparently President Bush said to Congress.  "When I strike back I am not going to fly a 10 million dollar missiles thru a 10 dollar tent and hit a camels in the ass."
[-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:33:11 AM EDT
[#1]
finally, a politician who "gets it"
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:58:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I need the reference for this and I need it RIGHT NOW!
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 8:18:09 AM EDT
[#3]
You may need to refresh a couple of times before it pops up.
[url]http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2001/9/16/125727[/url]

Bush: 'When I take action I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive.'

Washington and the liberal media may be getting the message: George Bush is for real and he's no Mr. Nice Guy when it comes to war.

Even Newsweek's Howard Fineman, a liberal Bush-basher, has had to do a double take this week.

Writing in his column of an Oval office meeting with four U.S. senators - including Hillary Rodham - Fineman described Bush as "relaxed and in control."

Fineman, drawing a comparison with Winston Churchill's defiance during World War II, quoted the president as telling the senators: "When I take action," he said, "I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive."

No doubt, Hillary must have shuddered when she heard that, a clear hit on her husband's eight years of appeasement of terrorists and their backers.

Fineman says Bush is "exceeding expectations, learning on the run before our eyes. ... His feet were on the ground, his bearings set: a late bloomer blossoming in the nick of time. ... Cheered on by voters' hopes, he'd become, in the words of a priest at the National Cathedral, 'our George': the designated dragon slayer, a boyish knight in a helmet of graying hair."

Link Posted: 9/19/2001 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok, fine I was off by 8 million dollars......[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top