Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:41:57 AM EDT
I know a guy who has a white Father and Korean Mother. He married a white woman with blonde hair and blue eyes. The woman had a baby and she is now four years old. She looks completely white with no Asian features, light brown hair, and hazel eyes. Is it possible for a child that is 1/4 Korean to look completely white or did his wife cheat on him?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:48:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no opinion on the subject.

I do however have some microwave popcorn and a diet coke.

I will enjoy them while viewing this thread.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:49:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, Now post pics of the Blond
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#3]
It's possible.

Get a paternity test.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:55:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Most likely. But in doubt, get paternity test.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#5]
That is pretty much me.  I get a nice tan but I have light brown hair and hazel eyes.  My biological father was 1/2 filipino and mom was blonde and blue.  I'm pretty damn short though.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Is the mail man white?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:59:46 AM EDT
[#7]
100% possible.

Genetically, the easily identified Korean traits could be co-dominant or recessive, resulting in a diminished appearance or no appearance whatsoever.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:00:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes.  But if he's concerned, get a paternity test.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:01:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I know a guy who has a white Father and Korean Mother. He married a white woman with blonde hair and blue eyes. The woman had a baby and she is now four years old. She looks completely white with no Asian features, light brown hair, and hazel eyes. Is it possible for a child that is 1/4 Korean to look completely white or did his wife cheat on him?

What is the hair and eye color of the 1/2 Korean's father?  The mother I am guessing had black hair and brown eyes like 99% of Orientals do.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes, it is possible.

It is also possible that I will hit the bullseye at 1000 yards on my first shot, blindfolded.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#11]
get a blood test
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:03:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Entirely possible.  My children hardly have any asian features whatsoever.

Note however, my niece on the left.  She definately looks asian (half Korean).

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Ummmmm not very probable
My Brother in law is half Korean and my sister is blonde w/ blue eye. My niece looks Polynesian. I find it hard to believe that the child would be blonde hair and blue eyes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#14]
very possible. i'm 1/2 korean. my moms korean, my dads white.  my wife is a redheaded, blue eyed white chick. my son has my build, but has my wifes features such as facial structure and eyes. hes got my hair. he looks like her in her baby pics. he also looks like her father and older brother.

my daughter is 3 months. shes looks exactly like i did when i was her age (poor kid). same dark spikey hair, same almond shaped eyes, except where mine are brown, hers are blue.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The real question is, why are you so concerned about it? Genetics are genetics and this is more then plausible.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is the hair and eye color of the 1/2 Korean's father?  The mother I am guessing had black hair and brown eyes like 99% of Orientals do.

Light brown that is turning gray with blue eyes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

i29.photobucket.com/albums/c256/arfcompics/100_2150-1.jpg

i29.photobucket.com/albums/c256/arfcompics/100_2143.jpg

Nice looking kids! Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:16:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Coming from someone with a half asian father and a blonde haired, blue eyed mother...

it's totally plausible.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Ummmmm not very probable
My Brother in law is half Korean and my sister is blonde w/ blue eye. My niece looks Polynesian. I find it hard to believe that the child would be blonde hair and blue eyes.

I said that the child had light brown hair and hazel eyes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The real question is, why are you so concerned about it? Genetics are genetics and this is more then plausible.

I am just curious.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Who cares?  Why do you care?  What difference does it make?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:22:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes, one of my sister's friends is at least a 1/4 Korean, and he has red hair and white skin.  He looks Irish.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yes, one of my sister's friends is at least a 1/4 Korean, and he has red hair and white skin.  He looks Irish.

We'll, um, need pics to verify that...
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#24]
I'd say so. Genetics are funny. My hubby and I are flaming redheads, as were both of my parents and our baby is a blonde, the redhead gene should have been strong in him, but apparently he got the blond from my mother in law.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Of course it is possible. I have a friend whose father is Caucasian and his mother is Japanese.  He has no Asian features at all. Unless he told you that his Mother was Japanese you would never know it. Eye color is another matter altogether. Even two brown eyed parents can have a blue eyed child.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

i29.photobucket.com/albums/c256/arfcompics/100_2150-1.jpg

i29.photobucket.com/albums/c256/arfcompics/100_2143.jpg

Cute kids, make sure any of her future dates know that touching is verbotten, and you have many BIG guns.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:39:37 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Can a guy that is half Koren have a child that looks completely white?

not likely that he could..... but his wife?  most certainly!

next time on maury, we have tested 124 arfcom members and we are still looking for the father.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#28]
I have a friend who's father is Japanese. She doesn't look japanese really, but you can tell once you know where she got her facial features (no slanty eyes what so ever) and her straight as hell blonde hair. She looks totally european. Blonde hair, blue eyes, big boobs, milky skin, decent height.

I'd get a test if I had the slightest doubt though.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:43:48 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I'd say so. Genetics are funny. My hubby and I are flaming redheads, as were both of my parents and our baby is a blonde, the redhead gene should have been strong in him, but apparently he got the blond from my mother in law.

Pretty good example of genetics right there. But don't be surprised if as the kid gets older the hair goes from blonde to a reddish brown.

I have friends who's parents are Irish. BOTH parents have BLACK hair and both of their kids have bright RED hair.

Genetics aren't as easily guessed at as some think.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#30]
There was a case about a month ago of twins being born to an African mother and white father.  One child looked completely African, the other was white with blonde hair and blue eyes.  Genetics can be strange.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Yes, it is possible.

It is also possible that I will hit the bullseye at 1000 yards on my first shot, blindfolded.

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:54:08 AM EDT
[#32]
I personally know a woman her farther is white and mother is korean.  Naturally she is 1/2 Korean and she looks very much asian.  She married a white guy and they have two children.  The boy has brown hair and blue eyes and the girl has dirty blond hair and blue eyes.

Funny story on day when she picked her kids up from school.  She was asked, "Are you sure those are your kids?"
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#33]
I have a Japanese mother and a white father. My brother looks completely caucasian (brown hair, hazel eyes). I'm the younger brother, and I look more like my mother (blackish hair, more slanted eyes, etc).

ETA: Totally off-topic, but the hottest girl I've ever seen had half-Japanese features, green eyes, a great body, and light brown hair.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#34]
I live in a military community and I guarantee that it can not only happen it will be the norm.  Genetic codes, one in 16 et all.  Beautiful kids.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:59:54 AM EDT
[#35]
I have a friend that is 1/2 white, 1/4 korean, and 1/4 japanese. She looks pretty much white, except for the eyes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Genetic traits can disappear or reappear centuries later.  For a really shocking example of this, check out the recent PBS special on the Amazonian female myth.  

Long story short:  they found a nine year old girl in Mongolia with blond hair and hazel eyes when every member of her family has black hair and dark eyes.  Her DNA matched a skeleton buried in Russia.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty good example of genetics right there. But don't be surprised if as the kid gets older the hair goes from blonde to a reddish brown.

I have friends who's parents are Irish. BOTH parents have BLACK hair and both of their kids have bright RED hair.

I definitely think his hair will darken as he grows older, it shows signs of it now, less blonde with every haircut (he's two).

On another note, a friend of mine in the UK (white, dark hair, dark eyes) married a Jamaican guy and their two children have pale skin, light blonde curly hair and green eyes. They don't look like either parent.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Yes,

my wife is 1/4 hispanic and doesn't look it at all, her brother on the other hand, gets people talking to him in spanish all the time.

So once again, YES, it can happen.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:30:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Saw this in a recent thread about Japanese kids with dyed blond hair

Laotian kid with natural blonde hair..anything is possible

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
There was a case about a month ago of twins being born to an African mother and white father.  One child looked completely African, the other was white with blonde hair and blue eyes.  Genetics can be strange.

My wife is blond and blue eyes.  I am a Korean with pure black hair.

Daughter - momma's eyes and daddys hair
Son - daddy's eyes and momma's hair (slanted eyes but light hair)

Skin color is about in the middle.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

My hair was totally light blonde up until I was about 4 or 5 then it started to get darker and now it is light/medium brown. If you look at my baby pictures, you would not even guess that was me.

My Father has blonde hair, light steel blue eyes and my Mother has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. I ended up with hazel/green eyes.

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#42]
There was a show on the Discovery Channel/Discovery Health/ or TLC about a caucasion couple that had a black (african american whatever is PC) child.. After that happened everyone was a little disburbed/upset.. But DNA/paternity tests showed that the parents were the parents. What happened was some generations ago there was some genes that by a fluke came out in this birth..

brian
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Is it possible for a child that is 1/4 Korean to look completely white or did his wife cheat on him?

Hell yes it is possible for the Asian features to be undetectable. My daughter is half Chinese and looks 95% Caucasian.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
On another note, a friend of mine in the UK (white, dark hair, dark eyes) married a Jamaican guy and their two children have pale skin, light blonde curly hair and green eyes. They don't look like either parent.

Sorry to be cynical, but you are assuming this black man is really the kids' father.

Quoted:
Laotian kid with natural blonde hair..anything is possible

i38.photobucket.com/albums/e103/Voodoochile65/laos_rural_childblond.jpg

Do they worship him?  
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Genetic traits can disappear or reappear centuries later.  For a really shocking example of this, check out the recent PBS special on the Amazonian female myth.  

Long story short:  they found a nine year old girl in Mongolia with blond hair and hazel eyes when every member of her family has black hair and dark eyes.  Her DNA matched a skeleton buried in Russia.

I've got a little bit of an example of that in my family.

Everyone in my family going back for eons is Danish, but back around 1815 some spanish mercenaries from the Napoleonic wars settled in Denmark, and one of them snuck his way into my family tree.  Despite everyone else being pretty tall and scandinavian-looking, the genes re-asserted themselves in my grandfather, who was very short, had black hair and had very unusual-looking almost olive skin.  

Hmm - I wonder if I can claim to be "hispanic" for Affirmative-Action purposes.  Just how hispanic do you have to be in order to check the hispanic box?  
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Im 1/2 filipino and 1/2 polish, ( ok, ok Ive heard all the jokes already) and my wife has blonde hair and green eyes. I have 2 children
oldest girl, blonde hair and blue eyes
middle girl, totally asian looks
youngest, son, blonde and blue.
My dad has white blonde colored hair and blue eyes.
Most people cant believe my kids are mine
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#48]
In case you've never taken biology, genes don't go away the recesive genes just get masked by the dominant genes. It works that way with paint also, mix light yellow with black and you'll get still get a very dark dark brown that looks black. Mix brown with light blue = brown. If you are heterozygous brown eyes and black hair + blue eyes and blond hair but marry someone that it homozygous with blue eyes and blond hair, your offspring will have a 50-50 chance of having blue eyes and blond hair.

That example of the two mixed parents in England having one whitish and one blackish baby demonstrates that the genes are still there even though both parents may have dark eyes and skin.

Facial and skull features are a little different, they are more a combo of the two and not necessarily dominant or recessive so even if a kid looks really white, they still may have Asian facial features = round face/high cheek bones etc.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#49]
My parents are both Scots-Irish and I have a brother who looks like a monkey.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#50]
I used to know a guy that was 1/2 Japanese and 1/2 caucasion, but he looked full asian or possibly korean

I didnt know he was 1/2 caucasion until he told me
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top