Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2001 10:29:19 PM EDT
I know they have to do it, but damn, I was really looking forward to it this year.  My company hired a boat to take us out on the bay to watch the Blue Angels.  Crap.

This is the San Francisco Fleet Week BTW.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 12:44:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Uh,....I'm not trying to be "anal" or anything, but  this IS about the Navy, right?

Get it ? Fleet, Anal, Navy, San Fransisco?[;D]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 12:48:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Uh,....I'm not trying to be "anal" or anything, but  this IS about the Navy, right?

Get it ? Fleet, Anal, Navy, San Fransisco?[;D]
View Quote

Are you speaking from personal experience?
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Nah, just personal ignorance!
My wife's brother-in-law works in one of those high-rise buildings downtown San Francisco. One year, half their family was in his office watching the Blue Angels zipping past about eye-level (they even have some cool pic's). His office is something like 45 floors up. Now, that's how I'd like to watch them jets!
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 12:58:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My wife's brother-in-law works in one of those high-rise buildings downtown San Francisco. One year, half their family was in his office watching the Blue Angels zipping past about eye-level (they even have some cool pic's). His office is something like 45 floors up. Now, that's how I'd like to watch them jets!
View Quote

I used to watch from the roof where I worked - good for following them around and keeping track of them.  No more.  I remember thinking that seeing A-4's (later the F-16's or was it 18's) seem to go between buildings, at least gave a hint of Beirut.   The Brown Water Navy guys were cool, too, giving rides. 2 or three hour wait, but worth it!
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 1:15:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I used to watch from the roof where I worked - good for following them around and keeping track of them.  No more.  I remember thinking that seeing A-4's (later the F-16's or was it 18's) seem to go between buildings, at least gave a hint of Beirut.   The Brown Water Navy guys were cool, too, giving rides. 2 or three hour wait, but worth it!
View Quote

It was F18.

I think the Thunderbird's use F16's.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top