Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2001 8:33:51 PM EDT
Last night Deputy Jason Baker, a Deputy with the Marion County Sheriff Department, was shot and killed. At this time all for suspects have been apprehended, unfortunately one died. There were many many Indianapolis Police Department officers, Marion County Sheriff Deputies, and Indiana State Police Troopers canvasing the area, all attempting to locate these individuals. All who feel a sense of loss. I've known Jason for 7 years. He originally started with the Dept as a dispatcher, one of the best I've had the pleasure of working with. Jason always knew what information was important to us on the street and always kept us informed. He went on to fullfill his dream of becoming a police officer. Jason worked the NE section of Marion County. He carried his knowledge and work ethic into this as well. Jason's father, Jerry, who was my LT. for many years was very proud of him. I know that not everyone is religious, but I ask that in your own little way that each of you take a moment and say a prayer for Jason, his mother and father, his immediate family, and all of us in his "extended police family". Jason will be missed by many.      

Thank you much for your time and prayers,

Dave Hartsock
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Aggie1%2F091601branch%2Ejpg[/img]
Done.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#2]
My prayers go out to all of his family and friends, too many of us have been lost as of late.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Our family sends our condolences to his family and to his friends.  

He will be included in our prayers for sure.

Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#4]
He will be in my prayers.  I'm really sorry for what happened.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 11:23:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Prayers are with him.  Never thought of Marion as a bad place.  Used to go there all the time.  Just goes to show, no place is safe.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#7]
have you read today's [i]Star[/i] though?  first thing the article on the front page is talking about is "where did they get those evil assault rifles?"  made me sick.  and that cottey guy.  ewwwww.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I will be sure to add him and his family to my prayers.  Some will tell you that it was God's will that he was taken, but I do not believe that.  God will turn this loss into something positive though.  It just may not be obvious.  My condolences to you, his family, and friends.  I will pray for you all.

On a related note, we burried our family friend that I posted about previously today, who I just found out went to boot camp to be a Marine until a knee injury washed him out.  After his discharge he didn't sulk or take it hard.  He just picked himself up and carried on with his life, like a Marine would.  Such a shame that he and Jason were taken from us so soon, but the best always are.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Jason's family has been added to my prayer list.

Blessings to all the good peace officers, firemen and S&R out there.

AR i.t.w's
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 4:27:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:08:57 PM EDT
[#12]
btt
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#13]
No words can convey the sorrow  that so many are carrying. Some friends and I had the same thing happen in Pa. this past April. WE have shared so many Joys together and I am glad that WE are manly enough to share our sorrows.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Jason and his family will be in my prayer's tonight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top