Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2006 11:28:52 AM EDT
I'm selling my Baby Eagle to a friend of mine, who will use it as his CCW for awhile.  I bought the gun from a gun store, so its registered in my name.  Whats the best way to get it to his name, tranfer it thru a pawn shop or gunstore for the 20$ fee, register it at the police station (never done this, is that how you do it?), or just right up a bill of sale and have both of us sign it, not worrying to register it to him?  What say you?

SB
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Take his money, give him the gun. Get a bill of sale if you want one but no big deal
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#2]
In AZ, I hand you money, you hand me the gun, we shake hands and maybe go grab lunch and BS for a bit, and go our seperate ways...
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
In AZ, I hand you money, you hand me the gun, we shake hands and maybe go grab lunch and BS for a bit, and go our seperate ways...

Hmmm, alright.  I guess I figured if he was going to CC the weapon it would need to be in his name, in case he ever had to use it or was stopped by a hardass LEO.

BTW Gravity, are you rooting for BSU tomorrow in the Fiesta?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Before you start talking about transferring registration, you should figure out if ID even has a registration scheme, and if it does, what small arms does it cover?

My guess would be that you don't have any registration, but it's your state and your bottom.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top