Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2006 11:28:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#1]
it is true that standard TV on HD does look like hell, but when you are watching DVD it looks decent. my cable company charges me $24 for 10 HD channels and you have to get the HD/DVR box too.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#2]
My DLP is better than regular TV. Don't get HDTV because I refuse to pay extra, raher buy ammo
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I work for Comcast and have yet to see any flat panel display TV of any type that I would be satisfied with purchasing. I am dissatisfied with the picture quality of all of them.

In true web-forum style I give you the following site to look at

hdguru.com/
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a Sony 50" LCD (actually it is LCoS) projection TV, its the SXRD model... I gotta be honest, SD doesn't look near as bad as I thought it was going to. Some shows look like total shit and other shows on the same channel are easily watchable.
Tube TVs still look better and will always look better... If your planning on getting a 32" LCD TV, I would say don't and go buy another 32" CRT... 'specially if your not going to use HD. It really, really depends on your signal/channel quallity, etc.

HD is pretty darn cool, when it is good (Discover-HD does great)... But I have notice that a lot of crap isn't HD (even though its on my HD channels) or is SD that has been streched. I'm dumping my cable co because their HD service and selection is pathetic. Once you see it (HD) you will hate SD and HD is pretty much a "gotta have" on a big TV. YMMV.

Go buy one and return it if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:39:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:49:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i will not be paying extra for HDTV from dish and currently have a standard dish network dvr system. i know i will not be utililising the full capability of the set right now but my 32 tube is on it's last leg.

i have heard that HDTV's with standard signals look like shit. is this true? i am NOT a videophile but i don't want a realy crapp pic either.

I do dish installs.  The only flat panels type TVs that I have seen that look good are samsung, panasonic and toshiba...maybe LG

so far, the panasonic looked best to me...

the others look fucking horrible....especially up close.

I believe Sears uses Dish for their displays...you may want to go there and ask if it's true...and have a look at the sets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top