Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2006 6:29:36 AM EDT
Well, I finally went out and bought my first AR yesterday. It's a DPMS, w/ a flat top upper, and 16" bbl. I can't wait to take it out and shoot it!!! I think my wife is happy that I didn't bring it to bed and cuddle it last night.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 6:39:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Well, I finally went out and bought my first AR yesterday. It's a DPMS, w/ a flat top upper, and 16" bbl. I can't wait to take it out and shoot it!!! I think my wife is happy that I didn't bring it to bed and cuddle it last night.

What the hell are you thinking..??!! You brought home a new AR and the FIRST night it had to sleep by itself..? You are not worthy of such a weapon. Send it to me immediately.

Link Posted: 12/31/2006 6:44:13 AM EDT
[#2]
And what's with the lack of pics? You aren't starting out very well... This might be a prime case of Black Rifle Abuse.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 6:48:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Did you at least kiss it goodnight and tuck it in somewhere safe, or did you just leave it in the box in a closet?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 6:51:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Did you at least kiss it goodnight and tuck it in somewhere safe, or did you just leave it in the box in a closet?

Gosh. I had no idea that this would be such a big responsibility.

I did nuzzle it lovingly before I put it in it's case for the night. It also
spent the night right next to my bed. Does that count for anything?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ummmm Nope

now get me a beer
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You put it in a case.  Overnight!!!  What are you trying to do smother it?  Put a magazine in it, and put it next to the bed.  Don't you think it might get hungry in the middle of the night?  
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#7]
It isn't complete BRD until you have to move your clothes out of the closet to make room for ammo cans

Either way you are on your way.  I hope the wife will understand.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:59:08 PM EDT
[#8]
prop it up against the bed. And remember to use protection.
with your wife..
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Hopefully someday I will be able to join the elite ranks of EBR owners. I think I may need to give up food or internet to afford one.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#10]
We the jury find the defendant GUILTY, on one count of neglect of an EBR, in the second degree.  

I now sentence you to POST PICS.  Failure to comply will result in seizure of the rifle and it will be placed in foster care.

For what its worth, I bought my first one last september, and just bought my fourth yesterday.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Happy new year, take your new baby out tomorrow and play with her
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:01:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Ordered my first case of ammo from CTD. Should be here soon. Then the fun will ensue. I think BRD has taken hold of me fully. I just bought the first one (well, besides the AK) and I am already looking through the Shotgun news to find parts to build a new one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:09:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ordered my first case of ammoo from CTD. Should be here soon. Then the fun will ensue. I think BRD has taken hold of me fully. I just bought the first one (well, besides the AK) and I am already looking through the Shotgun news to find parts to build a new one.
Sure sign.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:30:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Sorry no pics yet. I'm not quite sure how to post them here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top