Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2006 12:41:21 PM EDT
Looking for a good Multi-Station Home Gym setup for under $1500. Compact would be nice but not a must as it will go in a extra room. Looking for one that will do a little of everything and have around 300Lbs.

Local area store has a Body-Solid GS5, Weider Club C650, Smith Machine Combo, and a Iron-Man 600G setup but I do not know much about them.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 2:59:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone????
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#2]
More of a free weight/bench kind of guy myself, so I probably can't offer too much useful info. "Back in the day," I'd spend 6 days/week in the gym. You couldn't tell that from looking at me now, however.

With that in mind, I'd probably lean towards the Smith or the Weider club since they use weight chips instead of relying solely on a captive weight stack. Discussion on the bodybuilding.com forum suggests that the Smith/Marcy might not be the highest quality but will work well for a few years. Any resistance training will get results, of course. I just like working (torturing?) my joint strength and range of motion beyond the limits of a cable setup - it all depends on your goals.

The Weider gets good reviews on epinions, with the caveat that it's not for lifting over 350lbs.

Best of luck - I've just got a semi-commercial Apex bench and a rack of hex 'bells that need to get dusted off this week.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top