Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2001 5:39:56 PM EDT
I'm cleaning out a whole bunch of crap accumulated over the 3yrs in this condo I've lived in and found something from the past. A traffic ticket I got in San Luis Obispo, CA Got this ticket back in 89 for speeding and got my lics. suspended for it. I was going 98mph on a 55 zone while going south on the 101. Charged for wreckless driving and there goes the lics for 6mos. And guess what guys its was in a Geo Metro. I found my old lics plate too NTEOXTC. Man those were the days.

[img]www.clintonplaza.com/aniamtion/wmnDncng.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#1]
My worst traffic ticket was in 90 in Tift County GA, was doing 97 in a 65 zone in a rented Buick at about 1AM, heading to Ft Knox to see a friend graduate from basic.  $144...but in GA, reckless driving doesn't start till twice the speed limit, so I was cool there.
The County Mounty that stopped me was cool too, very businesslike.  Asked me if I was carrying any contraband and I told him no, leaving out the 6-inch 357 stuck under the driver's seat.
:)
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never even been pulled over. When it eventually happens, I'll probably be so nervous, the cop will think I have a bunch of guns in the truck. Unfortunatly, he may be right.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Worst one I ever got was in Dyer County TN.  I was going home on leave right after we got back from Desert Storm.  I was going 72 in a 55.  Well Mr. County tells me there's a Dyer County Ordinance that says if your going over 70 it's automatically a $115 to $150 fine, but since I just got back he was going to let me have the $115 ticket.  This was on a 4 lane road, I was not a happy camper.  Got one a couple of years later in MO 85 in a 55 that only cost $112.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#4]
The stupidest ticket I ever received was for wearing headphones while driving.  That cost me $80 plus court costs (no appearance), and two points on the license.

I didn't even know there was such a law.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#5]
worst one was on angeles crest highway on my motorcycle 65 in a 55 but the next guy got one for 85 in a65 asked the cop why i got one for 65 he said well 65 is still speeding too bad go fight it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#6]
How about 160 in a 55, yes jail was in order, the desert in new mexico does have the occasional patrolman.
The one I hated was between Phoenix and somewhere, 59 in a 55.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Wreckless driving, back in the 70's. Evaded a State Trooper [:D] however he got close enough at some point to get my license plate number [:(] My "El Camino" was a match for his cruiser, but I had better knowledge of the local roads.

Would i ever consider doing such a stupid stunt again? NOPE!
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 8:34:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Stupidest ticket I ever got was for an "illegal" right hand turn.  Turned right out of a parking lot into the far lane (with no traffic) and got a $75 ticket!

At the time I didn't even know it was illegal to do so.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Man, I don't even know where to start on this one. When I was younger, I used to lose my license twice a year- for 6 months at a time.[:D]

My first ticket ever was for 85mph. In a residential. In a 1978 Toyota Cressida. Somehow I got to take Traffic school for that. Then a couple weeks after traffic school, I was riding wheelies through the grass in a local park on a Honda scooter(pre-helmet law), and going full throttle, I launched over the sidewalk and the curb and almost wiped out while cutting off a Police car. The guy seriously almost ran me over. I got a ticket that time for driving on the wrong side of the road, reckless driving, and no registration. Of course I had no registration! The scooter was stolen!!
A couple months later was the time I learned to just sit there and shut up when getting pulled over. I got pulled over for speeding, and the officer started out by saying "I'm not gonna give you a ticket, but I want you to know you were speeding". At that point I should have just said "Yes sir", but I guess I was stupid that day, because I mouthed off and said that I wasn't speeding. Well, he didn't care much for my attitude, and changed his mind. While writing out my ticket, he watched me have a temper tantrum.
I punched through my windshield, which broke first shot. That pissed me off more, since I had a broken windshield now(I'd just done the same thing in my mom's car the week before, and had to buy her a new windshield) so I kept punching my windshield until there was a huge bubble in it, there was glass all over the hood, my hand was a wreck(still is!), and my graduation tassle hanging from my mirror was lodged in a mess of blood and broken glass.
Of course the officer freaked out, cause there was blood everywhere and I was PISSED. He tried to pull the girl out of the passenger seat(my girlfriend at the time), to "protect her from me", but she started resisting and screaming all over the place. She was crying and screaming, and people started coming out of their houses to see what all the commotion was about. The officer's calling for backup, while chasing my girlfriend around the car, I'm taking my shirt off to wrap it around my hand, and basically the whole scene was chaos. The girl finally calmed down when she saw that I'd calmed down, and the situation was a little calmer by the time 3 more black&whites showed up. I didn't get to go to jail that time, I was lucky. but I did get to have my girlfriend sign the ticket for me, and drive me home(I didn't like hospitals much then, and don't now either).
My buddy who had been a corpman in the Navy stiched up my hand that afternoon, and it came out OK.
The part that sucked- When reading my ticket later, it read:
45mph in a 35mph zone, and [b]Broken Windshield[/b]!!!!!

I can remember about 12 other times getting pulled over, but these 3 were the most memorable, except the 2 times I got beat up by cops and couldn't fight back. I can't really tell you about that...

Boy do I miss the good-old-days!!![smoke]
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Just so you guys know, the above stories were from a Long time ago. I now have a clean driving record, except for one accident that was blamed on me by the officer that I saw kissing the lady who hit me.[:D]
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've never even been pulled over. When it eventually happens, I'll probably be so nervous, the cop will think I have a bunch of guns in the truck. Unfortunatly, he may be right.
View Quote

That describes me pretty well, the first time I got pulled over.  I was shaking like a leaf and stuttering all over the place "whhaaattttever dodododo youyouuuu mean ociffer?"  The worst part about it was that it was only a 62 in a 55 and he was being such an ass.  He acted like I had run over his mother's cat in the process or something.  I've been pulled over since then and I really never get that uptight anymore, kinda strange.  

Never gotten a ticket though [8D]
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Been pulled over a couple of times...best one was most recent, though.  I was driving home on I-5 on CA near Los Banos, ostensibly to see a house that I was trying to buy at the time.  I had a rented Dodge Neon :) so I was abusing it properly.
There was no traffic, so I floored it.  At about 115mph, a CHP goes the other way.  Didn't see him turn around immediately, so I figured I was safe.  A couple of miles later he came back to say hi :(   He wrote me up for maximum speed law, instead of basic speed law or reckless.  He was very curt and quick, just asked me for my license, insurance & reg, told me he pulled me over for speeding, handed me a ticket and left.  Phew.  
The kicker was that the house had sold the previous day, and I did not check my messages.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ha, happened to me, except at my home.  I had just moved into a new apartment.  Sheriffs responded to a 911 hangup, I guess the phone number in their database matched my new address.  I had gone shooting earlier that day, so I had an M4, couple other long guns and a couple handguns sitting in the wide open waiting to be cleaned.

As you can imagine I wasn't very comfortable with two deputies at my door and only myself between the firepower laying on the livingroom floor behind me!  
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 1:29:50 AM EDT
[#14]
It wasn't ludicrous speed, 74 in a 55 but the 300 ticket was. I take it easy in Connecticut now.

Sherm
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 3:34:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 3:40:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Worst traffic ticket?  That's easy.  Just a little over a month ago...

"Failure To Yield"

After stopping at the intersection, I pulled out in front of a guy doing 50 mph.  My month old Toyota was destroyed.  His TWO DAY old minivan was destroyed.  Total costs thus far $38,000.

The state trooper was real nice about the whole thing.  Still cost me $120 though.

Can't wait to see my insurance premium in April...
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 4:46:32 AM EDT
[#17]
My worst that I'm most definately not proud of was multiple offenses at 3 am on a Sat. night back in 76.

OMVI, wreckless op, possession of marijuana 2 oz's.

Coming home from a night running the bars at OSU campus with my ho of choice at the time. She was drunk, fell out of her seat, I was trying to help her, unfortunately although I was keeping my 75 ford van going strait it happened to be where I-71 and I-70 spilt and I drove strait into the grass berm that separated them at 65 mph. I kept my cool did a masterful job of driving never let off the gas, kept it under control steered it up this embankment and landed back on 71 southbound. Unfortunatley when I looked right as I landed I had landed right next to a State trooper. Of course I was pulled over and subsiquently went to jail.

It was funny seeing the looks on the judges face and the othere in the courtroom when the officer took the stand and said this classic statement.  

"When I first observed the defendant he was airborne entering I-71 Southbound!"

I was probably 5 or 6 feet off the ground from shooting up the hill at 65 mph.  Anyhow I beat the OMVI, I tested out at .070 got charged with wreckless op, and possession misdomiener (sp), $200 for the W/0p and $50 for the pot, no licience suspension, and $600 for my lawyer.

I haven't had a ticket in over 10 yrs.  Stangely enough it corresponds exactly to the day I quit drinking.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 9:23:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Back in the young, dumb and full of cum days...

I was leaving NAVSTA Pearl Harbor (on my GSXR1100)  out the middle gate, turning left on Kam Highway going towards Pearl City...

As I completed the turn turn, I grabbed a fist full of throttle, and the since the tire was damp (DUH!!) it spun like crazy....

(Praying that the tire wouldn't get a good grip at this point....)

As I crested the hill, I looked at my speedo, damn 130mph, and then I looked farther down the road, Honolulu PD siting at the bottom of the hill outside the Supply Center Gate with a radar gun on me.

125 in a 55....$380 + Costs...

Dumba$$!!!

Regards...
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Boy I guess I'm not the only criminal around here. [0:)]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The worst ticket(s) I ever ISSUED were as follows:

I pulled a vehicle over for 64/35 and found the following:

He was D.W.I. (.187)
He had his 18 month old daughter unrestrained in the seat next to him
He was revoked
The vehicle he was driving did not have a valid license (checked to a different vehicle)
He had no insurance
He was on parole for murder (strangled a guy to death)

Upon arresting him I called my Prosecutor and asked about Felony Child Endangerment, he said that he would file that charge in the A.M.

Six years in the State pen.

Gunrunner
View Quote

I used to write the good ol' "Fail to report change of address on DL." Another good one is "Fail to display front license plate." And, for those guys that are REALLY being jerks, you can use excessive honking, dirty or obstructed LP, and improper use of the left lane. Of course, these people had to earn these tickets.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Man todd88 that is just harsh.

BTW do you have to have a front lic plate in TX?
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Well let's see... Stupidest?  I went through the same speed trap both directions inside an hour. First time the cop cut me a break, no ticket "Thank you sir. I'll be more carefull." Second time I was so shocked to see the lights in my mirror that I dusted a stop sign too. The officer wasn't nearly so understanding. Walked around the car picking the fly dung out of the pepper. He cited me for insufficient ground clearance on the exhust, amongst a raft of others. That one cost me (and my dad) our insurance. A 1,000 dollar a year 3 year mistake back in 1975 and that was after the fines.

Worst single effort was a racing on the highways citation. Had my street and strip '63 Impala out and testosterone demanded I teach that punk in his fastback what a quick car looked like. "The above did show a test of acceleration and physical endurance." That was a bench appearance. Ouch... at least he let me keep my license. It was after that one I figured out I was going to run out of money before they ran out of ink.

Ah to be young and stupid and think you'll live forever.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Worst ticket I ever received?  For an offense I didn't commit.

Got a speeding ticket once.  Owned an '82 Honda Shadow.  It was exceeding the posted limit, while an officer noticed.  

When asked to produce a license, which he didn't have at the time, my little brother gave the cop my name.  Was riding it without permision.

He later paid the ultimate fine.  

Killed at 16 when the truck he was driving overturned (no seatbelt - passenger now has a son with his name).  Our family learned of the speeding ticket afterward and my dad had it removed from my record.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#24]
People get pretty mad sometimes when I issue them a traffic ticket. The thing most of them do not understatnd at the time, Traffic enforement is ment to reduce the number of accidents. For every moving violation, there is an accident waiting to happen. I will be the first to addmit, I have had 2 speeding tickets in 1992.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Reading Guns equal freedom's post reminded me of the afternoon I was coming home from work. I was on my Virago 750, the road was strait pretty well deserted or so I thought. I was laying on the tank and was probably running around 125 or 130, who know's the speedo was pegged.  Just as I crested a overpass I passed a cop going the other direction.

I saw his lights come on in my mirrors as he disapeared over the top of the overpass.  I knew I was dead meat if I ran, you can't out run those radio's and helicopters.  But I knew I had maybe 30 or 40 seconds till he got turned around and was in hot pursuit and knowing he probably was already on the radio.

I was grabbing every bit of throttle that Yamaha had for close to 1/4 of a mile. I was coming up on this bridge that crossed a creek. I knew this was my only chance. I hit the brakes as hard as I could without locking them up coming across the bridge and made a left turn right past the bridge went down this hill and back into some trees and hit the kill switch.

15 seconds later this cop screamed by and I breathed a sigh of relief.  I ended up sitting there for three hours. No. 1 because cops where running up and down the road like a swarm of angry bees. Although besides knowing they where looking for a motorcycle I doubt if the first cop saw anything but a blur. But secondly because I was shaking like a dog shitting peach seeds from the experience.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top