Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2006 9:54:32 AM EDT
Where can I find some Yugo 8mm for cheap?
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a case of 900 from SG and it's 1955 dated. I have had about 47 out of every 100 misfire. I paid 80 bucks for it + shipping.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#2]
47 out of 100? Have you tried a new firing pin spring?
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I have 2 cases of Romanian 8mm and all of it runs fine. A friend tried the Yugo ammo  and it does the same thing in his rifle as well. The firing pin dents the primers deep so I concluded I have a bad case of ammo. I saw another thread with someone else asking about Yugo 8mm and most of those guys said works ok in their rifles.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have 2 cases of Romanian 8mm and all of it runs fine. A friend tried the Yugo ammo  and it does the same thing in his rifle as well. The firing pin dents the primers deep so I concluded I have a bad case of ammo. I saw another thread with someone else asking about Yugo 8mm and most of those guys said works ok in their rifles.

I've posted this in most of the yugo 8mm threads I see.
I have determined that there are 2 manufacturers of the 1950's yugo ammo. One makes great stuff, the other makes stuff with hard primers. All of it will fire, but it needs double strikes.
ETA: unfortunately all of my 8mm stash is the stuff with the hard primers, I shot all the other stuff before making my discovery.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top