Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2006 9:00:26 PM EDT
I think the execution of Saddam Hussein marks another victory in the war on terrorism.

Our president has lead our nation in the seeking out and destruction of the Saddam regime.

We continue to seek out terror where it grows, this is a landmark in the War and rebirth of nation finding it's identity.

Does the execution constitute a turning point?

Or is this something that was simply set in motion the moment we caught him in Tikrit?

Should we call this a victory?, eventhough his execution was inevitable?

What do you all think?
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
uhhhhh, we'll have to wait and see.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]
All depends on which side of the political fence you sit on.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know if this is a "victory" in the military sense, but here's a little tip for tinhorn dictators the world over...

Don't attempt to whack a former POTUS. His son might be elected POTUS, and your sorry ass will end up swinging from a rope.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#4]
SH might not have been hung, it was one of his lookalike imposters.

SH might appear exiled in France or in a witness protection pgm at some Walmart here.

How long before the movie is made???
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#5]
In 200 years, people will still be talking about why and how this happened.  The "we shouldn't have crowd" won't even be a zit on the historical record.  I'd say it's one hell of a victory but not the victory.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Bush has avenged his dad, now the troops can come home.

RIH Saddam!

The US has a long memory.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#7]
GW did it right.

I dunno what the Dems would have done next year.  Better git Saddam done before January.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't know if this is a "victory" in the military sense, but here's a little tip for tinhorn dictators the world over...

Don't attempt to whack a former POTUS. His son might be elected POTUS, and your sorry ass will end up swinging from a rope.

You have a way with words sir!
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

SH might appear exiled in France or in a witness protection pgm at some Walmart here.

LOL
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:14:12 PM EDT
[#10]
It is certainly a victory for the new Iraqi gov't, and the people they represent.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:04:07 PM EDT
[#11]
this wont be the end of the war most of the terrorists are foreign guys.Saddams execution is just gonna stir then up and what possible victory can his death prove other then gw's "revenge" on saddam.If saddam is executed so should rumsfeld because he was giving money and supplies to the iraqis during the massacres.Im not saying he is a good guy just keep him in prison he cant influence the terrorists any more then he has.This will get them all stired up even more and the people who wanted him dead arent the crazy ones the us really fed this one up.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd say that thousands of slaughtered people received payback tonight.  He and his sons were the ultimate terrorists and we wish him good riddance.

HH
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Holy shit I saw him driving a yellow cab outta LaGuardia.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
this wont be the end of the war most of the terrorists are foreign guys.Saddams execution is just gonna stir then up and what possible victory can his death prove other then gw's "revenge" on saddam.If saddam is executed so should rumsfeld because he was giving money and supplies to the iraqis during the massacres.Im not saying he is a good guy just keep him in prison he cant influence the terrorists any more then he has.This will get them all stired up even more and the people who wanted him dead arent the crazy ones the us really fed this one up.

Yeah. Ok.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Tards from the woodwork!
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You might want to loosen up the tinfoil hat there, buddy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:57:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
this wont be the end of the war most of the terrorists are foreign guys.

Yes, foreign guys from places like Iran - which detested Saddam.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:36:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
It is certainly a victory for the new Iraqi gov't, and the people they represent.

Who the bush administration?
The people in Iraq who hated Sadam and where opressed by Sadam are the same people that will be putting your neighbours into body bags and wheel chairs for years to come.

Quoted:
I'd say that thousands of slaughtered people received payback tonight.  He and his sons were the ultimate terrorists and we wish him good riddance.

HH

I wonder when Bush will get his load for sending troops to die in a useless war in a country not even worth an empty 5.56 casing.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:44:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I would say it's a victory from a US standpoint.  But MOST IMPORTANTLY it's Justice for the Iraqi people that was long overdue.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:58:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who the bush administration?
The people in Iraq who hated Sadam and where opressed by Sadam are the same people that will be putting your neighbours into body bags and wheel chairs for years to come.

But not yours, huh?

Hey, maybe Bush will be so desperate to increase troop levels that he'll let Charlie Rangel reinstate the draft!  Then they'll draft you and send you off to die!!!  Better vote Democrat as many times as the graveyard will allow you to so you can get someone else into power!!!!1!!!!

Quoted:
I wonder when Bush will get his load for sending troops to die in a useless war in a country not even worth an empty 5.56 casing.

Dunno, but hey, you're supposedly a gun owner, go pull a Squeaky Fromm!  I bet you don't have the balls to do it, unlike Squeaky!!1!!!!!!!!!!!  No balls!
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 12:01:10 AM EDT
[#21]
A shitbag is dead.  

Victory!

Who's next?
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 12:06:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Uh, bagging Osama would be nice.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 12:10:27 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I always like it when people call for law and order, peace and justice, but would just like to abandon the people of an entire nation to some of the most horrific criminals and murderous oppressors. And oh, sure, you know exactly who is and who isn't worth the proposition of freedom.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 12:19:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I always like it when people call for law and order, peace and justice, but would just like to abandon the people of an entire nation to some of the most horrific criminals and murderous oppressors. And oh, sure, you know exactly who is and who isn't worth the proposition of freedom.

Yep.  These are the same people that scream the world should "do something" about any place where women are mistreated and the people can not vote.  Kind of like these Darfur commercials.  Well, we're a little busy freeing two other countries right now, assholes.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 12:27:01 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
... would just like to abandon the people of an entire nation to some of the most horrific criminals and murderous oppressors.

I don't think the Iraqis are worth a single GI's stubbed toe, let alone 3000 lives. They certainly aren't worth putting my children so deep into debt that their entire generation's lifetime wages couldn't pay it off.

Yay ...... victory.

Waiter, bring the check.
:Fumbles in pocket looking for a few thousand more dead and a couple hunderd billion dollars.:

Sorry, I just don't give a fuck about justice for Iraqis if we have to purchase in US lives.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 12:28:19 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  These are the same people that scream the world should "do something" about any place where women are mistreated and the people can not vote.  Kind of like these Darfur commercials.  Well, we're a little busy freeing two other countries right now, assholes.  

But as soon as we DO "do something" they bitch and scream about how awful we are because some assholes decided to shoot at us and we shot back.  Cf. Mogadishu, 1993.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 1:00:45 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... would just like to abandon the people of an entire nation to some of the most horrific criminals and murderous oppressors.

I don't think the Iraqis are worth a single GI's stubbed toe, let alone 3000 lives. They certainly aren't worth putting my children so deep into debt that their entire generation's lifetime wages couldn't pay it off.

Yay ...... victory.

Waiter, bring the check.
:Fumbles in pocket looking for a few thousand more dead and a couple hunderd billion dollars.:

Sorry, I just don't give a fuck about justice for Iraqis if we have to purchase in US lives.

I can understand the bitterness of losing American lives for a country that seems a lost cause. I truly do. But I also believe that if we make this work, generation after generation from both the American and Iraqi side cannot help but profit from it and be grateful. I guess I just think positively about our situation rather than cast a dim shadow. At any rate, i can see your selfless service shining through, besides which, if the situation was reversed, and you were in the shoes of an Iraqi, you'd probably be hoping some here in the States cared about you, as we are their only hope for now.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#28]
I've been to Iraq twice and lost a good friend and I took lives as well. It is a terrible

place and I don't think any of America's sons and daughters should have to die there.

But if we do not excercise our rightious power and at least attempt to spread freedom

then we are nothing but another "ROBBER TRIBE."
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

And it is justice for the Iraqi people.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:45:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And it is justice for the Iraqi people.

Hear, Hear.
After seeing that bastard hang, I hope the ghosts of his victims can find peace.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top