Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2006 8:27:17 PM EDT
This is an amazing book telling the story of a Army SF A-Team doing the impossible, written by an actual operator. I was beginning to become bored with books, I tried reading Into the Wild and The Kite Runner, but I didn't get very interested in either. Roughneck Nine-One really took me by surprise. It's a great read.

Check it out.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#1]
+1  read it a while back...highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I tried reading Into the Wild and The Kite Runner, but I didn't get very interested in either.

wow, those were both really good books, what did you not like about them?
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I tried reading Into the Wild and The Kite Runner, but I didn't get very interested in either.

I'm not really sure, I just never got into them. They seemed kind of bland and I couldn't bring myself to read more than a few pages. Maybe I'm just shallow.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not really sure, I just never got into them. They seemed kind of bland and I couldn't bring myself to read more than a few pages. Maybe I'm just shallow.

Try Kite Runner again if you get a chance, I thought it was the best book I've read in the last year or so.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm about halfway through Roughneck 9-1 right now.  Honestly the author comes off as more of the loudmouth seal stereotype than the quiet introverted Special forces type.  I get the impression him and Dick Marcinko would get along great.  I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it.  Just the impression I got.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#6]
How does it compare to "Inside Delta Force?"
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Great book
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I will have to check it out, I am reading a book right now about LRRP in Vietnam.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#9]
"Brutal" in what way?
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:41:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm about halfway through Roughneck 9-1 right now.  Honestly the author comes off as more of the loudmouth seal stereotype than the quiet introverted Special forces type.  I get the impression him and Dick Marcinko would get along great.  I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it.  Just the impression I got.

I got that impression at first, but I think the guy is just a straight-shooter and tells it like it is.  I thought it was a very good book.  If you're only half-way through, you haven't gotten to the good part yet.
I just got to where we killed the Kurds on accident.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 3:25:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 5:55:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I will have to check it out, I am reading a book right now about LRRP in Vietnam.

Have you read the "Six Silent Men" series? Highly recommended.

I second that!

James C. Donahue's Blackjack-33, Blackjack-34 and Mobile Guerilla Force are also outstanding.

RF
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top