Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2006 5:17:28 PM EDT
My musical taste runs the full spectrum from Classical to Heavy Metal and everything in between and on beyond. Just depends on my mood at the time.

Been on a Jazz kick...more contemporary jazz that falls into the "Smooth" Jazz genre. Groups/Artists such as David Sanborn, Earl Klugh, Najee, Steve Reid, Marion Meadows, Bob James and Hiroshima.

Anyone got any recommendations for some good Jazz to listen to ??

Always looking for something new to give a listen to...
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Not Jazz, but 'Pink Martini' hits a lot of different styles of music, all done top-notch (have their first CD 'Sympathique' and saw them in concert with the Jax Symphony, very cool stuff if you are over 29 yo mentally).
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Pat Metheny Group
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#3]
please don't mention jazz and any of those no-talent assclowns in the same sentence.

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 5:28:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not Jazz, but 'Pink Martini' hits a lot of different styles of music, all done top-notch (have their first CD and saw them in concert with the Jax Symphony, very cool stuff if you are over 29 yo mentally).

Hmm...I'll have to check them out too...
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the classics... Maynard Ferguson.... stuff like that.....

Check out Big Bad Voodoo Daddy if u like big band jazz....
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:30:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Here are a few I enjoy:
Classic jazz:  Lional Hampton, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, and Miles Davis
Jazz Fusion (smooth jazz): The Rippingtons, Lee Ritenour, Mark Whitfield,
                                     Acoustic Alchemy, Blusiania
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Can't remember the groups name,but they did the soundtrack for "Thick as Thieves",what a great film! The music was good,really good.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 4:24:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
please don't mention jazz and any of those no-talent assclowns in the same sentence.

ROFL!

Herbie Hancock.  Lionel Hampton.  Miles Davis.  Maynard Ferguson.  Pat Metheny.  Clark Terry.  Basie and the Duke.  Ornette Coleman.  Gary Burton. Charlie Parker.  Dizzie Gillespie.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 4:49:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I love jazz for about 20 minutes and then it drives me nuts.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top