Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2001 4:44:07 PM EDT
Just saw on Global National News here in Canada, Seems there is a Media blackout in affect around all U.S military bases that just came into affect within the last hour.
looks like troops are mobilizing
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#1]
operational security sounds like a good plan to me. Our press is one of our worst enemies.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
operational security sounds like a good plan to me. Our press is one of our worst enemies.
View Quote

Self-serving statist liberal swine who will sell military personnel down the river if it A) sells papers and commercial space and B) makes the present govt. look bad.

"Reporters are faced with the daily choice of
painstakingly researching stories, or writing whatever people tell
them.  Both approaches pay the same."
- --Scott Adams (Dilbert)
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#3]
An accurate barometer is the number of pizzas ordered by staffers at the Pentagon.  Seriously!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
An accurate barometer is the number of pizzas ordered by staffers at the Pentagon.  Seriously!
View Quote

Yep.  Their orders jumped by 200% the night they started Desert Storm.

God Bless America
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#5]
If we'd had today's crybaby "it's the people's (my) right to know" press corps 60 years ago, we would have lost WWII.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top