Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2006 9:03:26 AM EDT
They actually have public service announcements informing people not to shoot into the air on New Years Eve!

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:06:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Las Vegas had the same thing on the news this morning...

Morcoth
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:07:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Texas is the Swiss Army knife of America.  It does a lot of things, none of them very well.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Ohio trusts that it's residents are smart enough not to do stupid things like that, which implies that Texas...
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't wait for the threads about people shooting into the air on New Years. Maybe someone will even post a pic of it being done and we can all join in on the fun.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Oklahoma is just to the North
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:12:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ohio trusts that it's residents are smart enough not to do stupid things like that, which implies that Texas...

Tee He He He.....

still does not mean I'm not going to park my cruiser under an over pass between 1145 and 0010hrs.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tee He He He.....

still does not mean I'm not going to park my cruiser under an over pass between 1145 and 0010hrs.

Stay Safe!
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Funny. TT
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Nothing

This is ike the Pot calling the Kettle Black.  And pray tell what does LA have going for it?
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nothing

This is ike the Pot calling the Kettle Black.  And pray tell what does LA have going for it?

They cornered the market on crotch rot.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Shiner Bock and TX women.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:24:27 AM EDT
[#13]
didn't y'all see the mythbusters episode dealing with this?
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

We have to hope the miscreants fire perfectly straight up into the air.

I have a backyard range of sorts, so I usually just put a few into the dirt every year. I'm sure somebody thinks I'm "shooting into the air", but fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:34:52 AM EDT
[#15]
We don't tend to have that problem around here. I think it's because people tend to be one of two things: gun-hating libtards, or gun-loving folk who know how to not be dumbasses.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Always shot into the ground
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a backyard range of sorts, so I usually just put a few into the dirt every year. I'm sure somebody thinks I'm "shooting into the air", but fuck 'em.

Actually, well have to hope they fire a bit spinward, the earth is round you know

Morcoth
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, well have to hope they fire a bit spinward, the earth is round you know

Morcoth

Ah, I see what you're getting at.

What I meant is, *if* they fire the round straight up, it won't come back down at a velocity sufficient to kill anyone. (Why do I feel like I'm opening a can of worms, here?)
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:52:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
They actually have public service announcements informing people not to shoot into the air on New Years Eve!

that just means you have a lot of Messicans
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that just means you have a lot of Messicans
Or Palestinians.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Everything is great about Texas.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Nothing

They did a pretty good job of housing and feeding tens of thousands of Louisiana's
finist citizens after Katrina.  I hope these animals' behavior shown in Texas (and other states gracious enough to feed your trash) is not indicative of all from Louisiana.

Remember what they say about rocks and glass houses?

B_S

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I love how people say thy hate Texas when they have never been there.

This is different from when I say I hate the north, because I have actually been there.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nothing

They did a pretty good job of housing and feeding tens of thousands of Louisiana's
finist citizens after Katrina.  I hope these animals' behavior shown in Texas (and other states gracious enough to feed your trash) is not indicative of all from Louisiana.

B_S

And we are so nice, the TX Dept of Criminal Justice will be housing many of Louisianna's finest for the next 20-99 years
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 5:54:12 PM EDT
[#25]
I loves Texas...can't wait to get back there!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nothing

B_S

Apparently, no one has a sense of humor or noticed the emoticon after what I said.  By the way, the federal government had a lot to do with the clusterfuck that was Katrina, and many people forget, Rita.  That was an unprecedented 1-2 punch from mother nature.
Since that has never happened to any other state, including where the fuck ever blue_suiter is from, who's to say how anybody's state government would do.  I don't depend on the state government to help me, and I hope you don't either.  No, not everyone from Louisiana is trash, ignorant, corrupt or whatever the media and your friends who have never been here say.  We are proud people, just like those people who say, "Don't mess with Texas" or "Fuck you, we're from Texas."  
Texans and Louisianians have been ribbing each other since ten years before dirt.  Get over it.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nothing

That's why we sent your mother back to Tennessee.

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Texas is the Swiss Army knife of America.  It does a lot of things, none of them very well.

Brought to you by someone from the state that elected Jesse Ventura and the first muslim congressman.

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#29]
God Bless Texas!
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
God Bless Texas!

+1 except louder.....

GOD BLESS TEXAS!
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I live to love Texas Women-
Hank Jr.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Yep, I know.  It is contiguous with Arkansas.

Also, there is a little cafe in Canyon, Texas that makes one helluva chicken fried steak.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#33]
The reason for those PSAs is we have too many stupid immigrants...including those from other states.

Here is the skinny on bullets.  They travel far.  Even the lowly .22 long rifle will go well over a mile.  

Anyone who has any responsibility knows not to fire a firearm into the air unless they know where the bullet will land.  And likewise on handling of firearms when drinking is a definite no-no.  But morons who have more cash than common sense will also not pay attention to any PSAs.

We still have people thrown from their vehicles because they refuse to wear seatbelts.  We still have idiots that drown when their vehicle is swept from the roadway in floodwaters.  We still have people who drive drunk.  Short of mandating an IQ test to be allowed to leave one's house, we cannot protect the dumb.

Anyhow, must have been a PSA paid for by an anti-gun group.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nothing

Ok fishngrits, they don't have chips down there?

Oh btw, your mother has wooden boobs and breast feeds beavers
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 9:55:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Only good man to come out of Texas was John Bell Hood. The one good thing about Texas is the surf fishing. Otherwise its one ugly-ass state. It just don't look right. The people act kinda funny too. Oh well its quickly being asorbed back into Mexico anyway. I bet the Mexican police won't let them shoot into the air during that SeekO-D-My-O thing. AMF
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tee He He He.....

And sitting in my lazy chair at the station waiting for the inevideble.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Only good man to come out of Texas was John Bell Hood. The one good thing about Texas is the surf fishing. Otherwise its one ugly-ass state. It just don't look right. The people act kinda funny too. Oh well its quickly being asorbed back into Mexico anyway. I bet the Mexican police won't let them shoot into the air during that SeekO-D-My-O thing. AMF

Yeah, and Chester Nimitz and Audie Murphy weren't anything special.

+ 1000 on Texas women. Best ladies in the world.

Texas Women
Hank Williams, Jr.

I've got some fond memories of San Angelo, and I've seen some beauty queens in El Paso, but the best lookin women that I've ever seen, have all been in Texas and all wearin jeans

I'm a country plowboy, not an urban cowboy, and I dont ride bulls but I have fought some men, drive a pickup truck, trust in God and luck and I live to love Texas women.

I thought I'd seen beauty in faraway places, till I looked upon those Houston faces, spent Hollywood nights up in Beverly Hills, but they werent nothin like one night down in BROWNSVILLE

I'm a country plowboy, not an urban cowboy, and I dont ride bulls but I have fought some men, drive a pickup truck, trust in God and luck and I live to love Texas women.

I'm a pretty fair judge of the opposite sex, and I aint seen nothin that will touch em' yet, they may be from Waco or out in Lampassas, but one thing about it they all come from Texas.

I'm an Oiler fan not a soccer man, and my arms are red and so is my blood, and they make it boil with that soft Texas drawl and I love em all, Texas women.

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, and Chester Nimitz and Audie Murphy weren't anything special.

+ 1000 on Texas women. Best ladies in the world.

Texas Women
Hank Williams, Jr.

I've got some fond memories of San Angelo, and I've seen some beauty queens in El Paso, but the best lookin women that I've ever seen, have all been in Texas and all wearin jeans

I thought I'd seen beauty in faraway places, till I looked upon those Houston faces, spent Hollywood nights up in Beverly Hills, but they werent nothin like one night down in BROWNSVILLE

I'm a pretty fair judge of the opposite sex, and I aint seen nothin that will touch em' yet, they may be from Waco or out in Lampassas, but one thing about it they all come from Texas.

I'm an Oiler fan not a soccer man, and my arms are red and so is my blood, and they make it boil with that soft Texas drawl and I love em all, Texas women.

Amen to that, some of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. My wife's yearbook photos looks like a modeling portfolio, just awesome looking gals.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Nah, they just don't care if Buckeyes shoot each other. I mean honestly...who would?

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, they just don't care if Buckeyes shoot each other. I mean honestly...who would?

Link Posted: 12/30/2006 12:39:00 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nothing

Ok fishngrits, they don't have chips down there?

Oh btw, your mother has wooden boobs and breast feeds beavers

That is funny shit!  Never heard that before.  No chips, I can laugh at getting ribbed too  The whole Katrina refugee thing just gets old.  By the way, no one said anything about the guy who said, "Oklahoma is just to the north."  I hate to take threads off topic, but I will defend my home if I see the need.  Blue_Suiter's post just seemed a little nasty to me, when I thought I made it clear that I was only joking.  Life goes on, I ain't losing sleep on this.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 12:41:22 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nothing

B_S

And we are so nice, the TX Dept of Criminal Justice will be housing many of Louisianna's finest for the next 20-99 years

Sir, you may have them with my compliments.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 12:43:30 AM EDT
[#43]
+1
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 12:44:14 AM EDT
[#44]
I haven't heard these PSAs but I hope they're in Spanish. The kind of people who typically shoot into the air are also the kind that don't know English.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top