Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2006 5:31:04 PM EDT

A friend asked me if this was a hoax or for real.  I just skimmed it. At first I thought it was satire (e.g., NR-F8), but then somehow it doesn't.

I'm not a NRA member so I don't get their publications and I don't know much about the site that's hosting this pdf (boingboing).

www.boingboing.net/images/NR-F8_PERILFINAL.pdf

eta: edited title a bit.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds legit to me.I haven't seen it in American Rifleman,or gotten it in the mail,but it reads right to me.Scary stuff.

Five2one,baby,and onein5,no one here gets out alive.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sounds legit to me.I haven't seen it in American Rifleman,or gotten it in the mail,but it reads right to me.Scary stuff.

Agreed, the content sounds right. I think the style was a little caricature like in nature and that threw me off.

Quoted:

Five2one,baby,and onein5,no one here gets out alive.

Link Posted: 12/27/2006 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#4]
If its not, it SHOULD be...
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#5]
looks legit
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#6]
freaky.....
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Wonkette and the Daily Kos folks are trying to paint these articles as racist when they are anything but.  

There's a thread on The High Road that discussed it. It got locked due to personal attacks by/on posters.  One of the posters buys into the racist theme but another member (dave_pro2a) posted some of the images on the second page and proves that there is no racist element in the articles.  
www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=243082

Some folks are trying to defend the NRA by claiming that the articles are bogus agitprop when they don't need any defending.  There ain't nothing in them that is close to racist or offensive.  At least not to a normal person.  Super libs can find offensive content where there isn't any.  They are members of the easily offended brigade.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 11:28:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 11:50:24 PM EDT
[#9]
looks like a good read
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 12:55:46 AM EDT
[#10]
It is a good read, it's pretty scary, what's more is, it's true.
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 1:12:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Wonkette and the Daily Kos folks are trying to paint these articles as racist when they are anything but.  

There's a thread on The High Road that discussed it. It got locked due to personal attacks by/on posters.  One of the posters buys into the racist theme but another member (dave_pro2a) posted some of the images on the second page and proves that there is no racist element in the articles.  

Some folks are trying to defend the NRA by claiming that the articles are bogus agitprop when they don't need any defending.  There ain't nothing in them that is close to racist or offensive.  At least not to a normal person.  Super libs can find offensive content where there isn't any.  They are members of the easily offended brigade.  

Damn, I sure hope the morons over there are not an accurate cross section of the average gun owner.
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 1:26:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, I sure hope the morons over there are not an accurate cross section of the average gun owner.

Most of them are good guys who are intelligent and serious about RKBA and some are goofballs.  There are a few agitators who disrupt every thread they enter.  They claim to be RKBA purists but sound like DU trolls.  

Hmmmm.... sounds a little like ARFCOM.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 4:36:56 AM EDT
[#13]
LOL - of course it is legit. Who would take the time to create something like that - as well as mirror the NRAs stances - if it wasnt real.
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 4:48:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Can someone post it here. My P.C says the file is damaged and cant be repaired.
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 4:49:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I've seen some of the artwork in AFF of the politicians but for some reason I don’t think the NRA would depict the guy hanging out his window with the shotgun finger on trigger.

If you open it with Adobe, not the reader, there is no information on the property tags, atleast for what I could find. I don't think that the NRA put this out since it wasn't coming from their website.
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 5:08:48 AM EDT
[#16]

I'm me with your email address and I can send you an attached copy via email.
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 5:17:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I love the hairy legs on the chick in the "Animal Rights Terrorists" page.

This rocks! Great material!

Here it is.

I hate stubble burn around my neck --

This image is a good example of why this document confuses me.  For one, I really don't fear PETA, but even if they were really dangerous I certainly would fear cows, pigs, and owls. The owl is carrying a bomb?? -- weird.  

But yes, I agree that Soros and many American politicians are dangerous to the 2nd amendment, gangs are dangerous, and the disarming of citizens during emergencies is dangerous.  

eta: Either way  I suppose we'll find out soon enough.
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 5:24:55 AM EDT
[#18]
that chick with the hairy legs has got a nice rack. If she shaved I'd think about hitting it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 5:39:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Over the past ten years I've read most of the political postion papers issued by the NRA.
The article in question is undoubtedly authentic NRA IMO.
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 5:53:20 AM EDT
[#20]
It's actually a really good read.

I'd recommend downloading it and giving it a once over. It's well written and deals with subjects the media and the assholes we elect refuse to acknowledge.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 3:51:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Looks like it is real. So they draw a line in the sand and this is where you have to make a choice. Do you run or stand?

Bed wetters will not likw it. http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2759754&page=1

NRA's Graphic Attack on Its Enemies Leaked Onto Internet
Draft Version of Brochure Takes Shots at Pelosi, Clinton, Kerry, the United Nations, and New Orleans Police

By MARCUS BARAM
Dec. 29, 2006 — -
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:40:51 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm shocked this thread isn't many, many pages by now.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:00:43 AM EDT
[#23]
No one here cares, we are all waiting for someone else to deal with "it" and most everyone here is afraid to be associated with anything that can be labeled "extremist".
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:46:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
that chick with the hairy legs has got a nice rack. If she shaved I'd think about hitting it.

I'm glad you want to hit it with Cartoon Characters...
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 11:09:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Printed it off for a couple friends that are pro gun but not actively
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 11:36:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Good read and how true. NRA and GOA member here.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 11:43:59 PM EDT
[#27]
downloading it now...it'll be a few minutes before I get to check it out...stupid 56k. that's what I get for living in the sticks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top