Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2001 5:15:26 AM EDT
Does anyone know offhand from experience which non magnum loads will work in an 1100 magnum without changing barrels?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:27:04 AM EDT
[#1]
None of them will work reliably because the one hole under the barrel won't let enough of the pressure through to operate it...With skeet loads ect you have to have two holes like non mag barrels to get enough umph through to the action....Sorry i can't offer more...Dick
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:09:41 AM EDT
[#2]
From my experience, any 2 3/4" shells with 3 3/4 dram loads, (high Brass)work fine. Probably some loads lighter than this will work too, but want to save myself some trouble to find out.

Especially curious about heavy dove loads etc.

No way will skeet loads work, I'm sure.

Anyone who knows, feel free to chime in.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:02:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a 1100 20 ga. magnum with an improved cylinder barrel that would cycle any non magnum factory round reliably.  Unfortunately I sold it and my grandpa was the one who put the new barrel on it, so I can't give much more info.  He and I used it for bird hunting when I was younger.

All I can say is that MINE worked reliably.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:38:15 AM EDT
[#4]
One of the first guns I bought my self was a 1100sp 3in mag. When I bought it it never had the mag barrel on it, I guess this guy tryed everything, sending it back to the factory, everything, it just kept jamming. He got pissed off once and took the barrel and throw it as far as he could in this lake. then he bought a regular 2 3/4 barrel. I bought it around 15 years age and that shotgun has never jammed on me once. I've shot every thing out of it. I can hit bulls eyes time after time with slugs at 150 yrds. It's a great gun.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#5]
The 12 gauge works fine with alternate barrels, but I hope someone out there has one and has experimented with lesser loads in the magnum barrel.

M4-AK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top