Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2001 4:26:38 AM EDT
Guys,

I was thinking about buying a 40rd mag from Cheaperthandirt.com.  I've been studying the posts and I know the quality of the mag may be quaestionable. But since I only use my AR for sport, I thought I'd risk the $14 they're asking for the novelty.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?sku=MAG%2D080&mscssid=HJ2PX88RGWWA9G2DV11NG2CG75V3D71A

Here's my question: Although advertised as "pre-ban", how can I be sure?  I'm kind of hesitant when a seller says "pre-ban". I try to live by the "trust, but verify" rule. I just don't want to break any laws. Also. has anyone bought this item from them before?

Thanks for helping with this newbie dilema.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:55:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Guys,

I was thinking about buying a 40rd mag from Cheaperthandirt.com.  I've been studying the posts and I know the quality of the mag may be quaestionable. But since I only use my AR for sport, I thought I'd risk the $14 they're asking for the novelty.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?sku=MAG%2D080&mscssid=HJ2PX88RGWWA9G2DV11NG2CG75V3D71A

Here's my question: Although advertised as "pre-ban", how can I be sure?  I'm kind of hesitant when a seller says "pre-ban". I try to live by the "trust, but verify" rule. I just don't want to break any laws. Also. has anyone bought this item from them before?

Thanks for helping with this newbie dilema.
View Quote

I've never heard anyone question that pre-ban status of a 40-rounder. You can be fairly sure that it's pre-ban by checking the floorplate for any markings that say "Restricted Govt/LEO Only" or something similar.

I'd seriously doubt that someone would be selling post-ban 40 rounders as pre-ban ones, especially cheaperthandirt. Good luck.

Ian
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:42:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:47:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a 40 rder for ya! Send me $14 and I will pay for shipping!
Now, saying that, they SUCK!!  The feed lips are weak, and bend all of the time.  Save your cash, buy USGI, and clip two mags together with a magcinch, or something like that.
c-rock
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:27:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Point taken.  Thanks for talking me out of it. I will have to find some other bogus product to spend my 14bux on.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:31:03 AM EDT
[#5]
If you really want 40 rounders, look for Sterling.  They are very good ones, but expensive.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:57:21 AM EDT
[#6]
NO NO NO  They are junk, I bought 3 of 'em and gave them away because I felt too guilty to ask money for them.

Get some good quality 30 rndrs, don't waste your money.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:02:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
NO NO NO  They are junk, I bought 3 of 'em and gave them away

View Quote

Whaaat? The cheapest I have seen these for was $90 apiece, and you GAVE them away??[:O]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:38:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Whaaat? The cheapest I have seen these for was $90 apiece, and you GAVE them away??
View Quote

LOL!  CTD's not Sterlings!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top