Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2001 11:23:34 PM EDT
Also on the news, our kids and the media. Sources say they are suffering from this 'new' TV Terrorism Trauma.

A special on the TV tonight to tell parents how to deal with the topic, and what to do about it.

And this is our kids, yours must be worse, but I am sure you too will handle it all the right way.

Our kids are our future. What more can I say.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 12:01:46 AM EDT
[#1]
When this happened, I was at work. I immediately called home to talk to the wife and kids. They knew about the attack before I did.

They had many questions, were very concerned but did not seem too upset. My kids are older (10 and 13) and, while they didn't understand why, they knew what was happening.

Our news coverage of the recovery efforts is very sanitized. I have heard that European coverage is quite graphic. How is the footage in your part of the world?

A friend of mine has a brother in Europe who said that if we saw the raw footage, there would not be a living Moslem in the U.S.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top