Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2001 10:24:51 PM EDT
I'm a newbie to ARs but dove right in. I don't think I did too bad for a first timer.
LEGP before and after- [img]wsphotofews.excite.com/031/Ef/i7/ST/dG91021.jpg[/img]

Colt HBAR before and after-[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/033/ON/VN/FZ/dL13870.jpg[/img]

LEGP and Colt HBAR together-[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/030/Oy/Rs/33/dV36957.jpg[/img]
Next project....
Pre-ban AR15- a equal opportunity offender.

I won't embarrass myself by saying how long it took me to figure out how to post the pics. The point is, they're posted now. The last pic of of my original gun collection 5 years ago. Some of it has been sacrificed in order to acquire the ARs.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a Bushmaster, I just did and like it more than my colt.[:D] Plus in preban they are more reasonable.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, a BushMaster is what I had in mind.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:43:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered mine from [url]www.vectorarms.com[/url]. Just a suggestion, they are good people and can be trusted, good hunting!![:D]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#4]
hey, that wood is pretty neat!

Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:04:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe it's just me, but the pre-ban bushmasters are always way more than what I paid for my Colt SP1.  Then again, pre-ban Bushmasters don't seem to be for sale at the shows down here that often.  It's mostly EA, Oly or Colt.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:05:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe it's just me, but the pre-ban bushmasters are always way more than what I paid for my Colt SP1.  Then again, pre-ban Bushmasters don't seem to be for sale at the shows down here that often.  It's mostly EA, Oly or Colt.

BTW, nice guns.  I went with a pre-ban first, because I didn't want to deal with any bull if I wanted to do something to my rifle that I couldn't with a "post-ban."  I love explaining that law to my non-2nd aware friends.  Even they realize it's stupid.

God Bless Texas
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:45:55 AM EDT
[#7]
So where did you get the wood SP1 stock & how much $$$ was it [?][?]
If you don't mind telling. [:D]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#8]
The wood came off of my stepdad's AR15 back in th the early 80's. I remeber his was a Grey Colt AR15 for some reason, it came two sets of furniture (wood and plastic). It was the era when Vietnam movies were put out every other month so I was intrigued by all of the military paraphernlia. I convinced him that the AR would look more authentic with the black furniture on. He handed me the owners manual and told me that if I wanted it on, to figure it out. I did and it looked cool. The wood then got put in a bag was forgetten for years, even after he had left and taken the rifle. I almost threw it away several times over the years thinking it was worth nothing and was just taking space. Thank god I hung onto it. It is mint and as new with a few nicks here and there from being bounced around closets over the years. To be honest, I have no idea what it's cash value is. I am curious to know though, if any one has any idea. Although I paid no cash for it, the sentimental vaule makes it priceless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top