Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2001 10:18:59 PM EDT
As per Fox News – Taleban just declared war (Jihad) on the U.S.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:23:26 PM EDT
[#1]
oh yeah? well, right back at 'em.  ours i will call....lemme see....their, "holy shit!" war.

and by the way, we deliver ours. right at your doorstep you motherfuckers! taliban this!
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Tuesday September 18, 07:06 AM

Taliban declares holy war against U.S.
KABUL (Reuters) - Afghanistan’s ruling purist Taliban movement has announced a jihad, or holy war, against the United States, according to a broadcast on the Taliban’s Voice of Shariat radio monitored by the BBC.
“I would like to tell my people that our jihad will be formally resuming against the Americans,” the deputy chairman of the Taliban Council of Ministers, Mullah Mohammad Hasan Akhond, said in a speech broadcast late on Monday.
Akhond said it was unimaginable that the “terror attacks” against the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon had been committed by the Taliban or by Osama bin Laden.
“But the USA and all imperialists in the world, Jews and Christians and their supporters are intending to destroy the Islamic order which has been established at the cost of your blood under this pretext,” Akhond said.

"Bunch of Dummies"
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:26:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Here’s the Reuters article:
[url]http://www.reuters.com/news_article.jhtml;jsessionid=YKBOHIQ2QKANSCRBAELCFEYKEEARKIWD?type=topnews&StoryID=227020[/url]

(edited to clean up link and delete article)
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:29:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, these guys don't know when to quit! It'll be REAL easy to bomb 'em, now!
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#5]
What's the difference between "declare" and "announce"?  Reuters says announced.  So does fox. To me there is no difference, so, let's get ready to rumble!

"Will be formally resuming"?  Seems like a bunch of kids in the school yard saying "i will beat you up.  Maybe, after school?  You punch first."

Let's pound em!
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I bet we will be in a hot war by tommorow evening.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 10:41:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:01:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Now FOX is reporting that there is some confusion.  As their reports from Afghanistan are mixed..... Some report the Taliban said "declare Jihad", while another report said "prepare for a Jihad" (as in a call to arms to protect against invasion).

If they did declare a Holy War against the U.S. before we invaded, it was a BIG mistake.  That would give us even more power to stomp them.

Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:16:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I reckon the sun will rise two or three time in one morning overthere real soon!
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:24:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck them.  Blast the area back to the stone age.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 12:13:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fuck them.  Blast the area back to the stone age.
View Quote

Short trip.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 12:59:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 3:58:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Holy war my ass.  NOW, we have good reason for nuking the bastards.  F-em
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:28:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I agree but think they may have been misquoted. Its not going to be a holy war, it will be a holey war [:P] due to the number of bombs being dropped.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:29:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Don't pass this off too lightly. Sure, we can kick their asses in a war. But their idea of declaring war is more cowardly shit like what happened a week ago. It may seem like a pissant stepping up to the plate but all US concerns both here and abroad will have some serious issues with stepping up security.
Believe me. I have seen terrorism at work in Europe and it isn't pretty or something to laugh off.

(I'll take this opportunity again to remind everyone of the Muslims in this country going to school etc. even though I'll be called a racist and Nazi again for it. You will see terrorist acts here in this country committed by people living here.)
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:38:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Don't pass this off too lightly. Sure, we can kick their asses in a war. But their idea of declaring war is more cowardly shit like what happened a week ago. It may seem like a pissant stepping up to the plate but all US concerns both here and abroad will have some serious issues with stepping up security.
Believe me. I have seen terrorism at work in Europe and it isn't pretty or something to laugh off.

(I'll take this opportunity again to remind everyone of the Muslims in this country going to school etc. even though I'll be called a racist and Nazi again for it. You will see terrorist acts here in this country committed by people living here.)
View Quote

Another act of terror, just one time, and you will wonder what a live Arab looks like in this country.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:41:33 AM EDT
[#17]
I think you are correct sir. I also think it is inevitable.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:49:35 AM EDT
[#18]
This is how your media works.  Do any of you recall that Usama Bin Laden and the Al-Qaida declared Jihad on the "Great Satan" (U.S.) in 1993?  What you are hearing about is only a reiteration from the Taleban.  They've considered themselves in a Holy War with us for years.  The only difference is that now we're going to accept their invitation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top