Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2001 5:20:19 PM EDT
Listening to the local right wing radio station this morning, a good point was raised. People interviewed said they felt safer with the armed guards all over the airports. A couple of weeks ago those same people would have been bitching about it. I hate a hypocrite.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Americans have traditionally liked their LEO's "approachable" which meant no MP-5's like one would see in London Heathrow or elsewhere.

I recall once where an entry team came near where I worked and the LEO's were carrying their MP-5's...people were quite upset about seeing the subguns.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I for one wouldn't mind it. It would be like going to a classy candy store for me.

"ooooh is that an MP5SD?"

"OOOOOOOH! look! the other one has a 9mm M16!"

COOL!

honey get a picture of me next to him.[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top