Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2001 3:54:31 PM EDT
I was on base today and security was as tight today as it was last tuesday. The thing is, it had been scaled back on thursday and it was'nt untill early this morning that things heated back up.
All gate M.P.'s were in full battle gear, with M-16's and there were 2 hummers with M-60's out front. Entrances to all facilities(bx, commisary, hospital etc.) were roped off and you had to park at least 50 yards away.
Just wondering if anyone else had noticed anything similar ??
SPECTRE out....

BTW, all personel were very tight lipped.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:10:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Same same here GI. Only thing is we never scaled back except when going from Delta to Charlie. All of us are wearing full war gear, 16's, 203's and 60's are everywhere. Lots of up armored hummers also. Gate's are quadruple manned with extra searches armored hummer with 60 at gate and such.

All base SF have been working 14 hour shifts with no days off since the attack. I'm lucky working out in the field, we get 3 days off after being gone for more than that. However some of my SF troops are backfilling the base SF trying to give them a day off now and again.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top