Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2001 5:27:53 PM EDT
Any thoughts? I doubt they'll use the latest method- everybody's wise to it now.

My guess is: bio/chem/bomb attack on suburbia. That will scare the hell out of the soccer moms.

Although I am not a soccer mom (I'm a baseball dad), like most North Americans, I live in suburbia.

Not looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I refuse to speculate on this type shit. If any of you who do are right, you will certainly feel like shit when it happens, as well as all the kooks on the internet turning this thread into the FBI after it happens.

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't give them any ideas!!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#4]
WIth suicide bombers, who knows.

Watch your six. Get your CCW.

_FS
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I refuse to speculate on this type shit. If any of you who do are right, you will certainly feel like shit when it happens, as well as all the kooks on the internet turning this thread into the FBI after it happens.

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
View Quote

On the other hand, if we could help shake some potential targets out of their complacency [b]before[/b] an attack, that would be a good thing.

My guess is that the next attack will be a small scale, "me too" operation by either a lone Muslim or a very small group.  While the major terrorist groups are planning their next move, some nutball will try to topple Western civilization on his own.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Last thing I heard on the short wave was broken and full of static but thsy seem to have said something about a "Special Weapon(s)"? and I think I heard the name "Todd".

I don't know it's late and I am tired maybe I heard it wrong.[:)]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
WIth suicide bombers, who knows.

Watch your six. Get your CCW.

_FS
View Quote

Due to MA gun laws, CLEOs in towns/cities have final say on CCW. No CCWs in our town; CLEO is VERY anti-gun.

Still, I was sleeping out in the tent in the backyard here in suburban MA with the kids last night (trying to take their minds off it all) and was woken by a tremendous crash in the woods out in back of us around 3 AM- in an instant, I jumped out with a large flashlight in one hand, a pistol in the other- all I could think of was: Jesus Christ, I am going to get arrested if I use this, and my God, I have a family to protect- what happens if I DON'T use it?

I wonder how many other people are in the same position. Moving is not an option.

BTW I saw nothing out there- probably some animal, but- who knows? Anything is possible after last week.

I had a long time getting to sleep after that- the kids, however, never woke up (8, 6 and 4), the whole time. Lucky- must be nice to be a kid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top