User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2001 6:41:38 AM EDT
Concealed Carry (CCW) Database: Home
[url]http://www.packing.org/[/url]

Link Posted: 9/16/2001 6:45:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes!

If only one person on each of the flights had a CCW then this would have never happened, or it could have prevneted lots of deaths.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 6:52:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, National CCW card would go nicely with our
new National ID card. In fact they should be 1 in the same.

Del(arm the Civillians now)marksman [heavy]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:19:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I have overcome my paranoia[whacko] about being on "another list" and finally going to get my CCW.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I will probably get flamed for this one but...

CCW isn't going to help fight terrorism.  The whole idea of the terrorist is to strike unexpectedly and not at a single person but at a group.  CCW isn't going to stop hijackings because you can't carry on a plane. Isn't going to stop a backback nuke because you won't know its there until it goes off. Won't stop a car bomb because its just a parked car until BOOM. Same with bio/chemical agents.  

IF you were carrying and happened to walk by a group of terrorists making plans to bomb, poison, etc you shouldn't shoot them, call the feds (man thats hard to say).  

Terrorists are not going to start shooting people, not enough dead to justify it.

$0.02

That said, if you live in a CCW state, get the permit. The other evils are still out there.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Then why do the Israelies find it so important to always have everyone carrying openly?
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#6]
If I remember correctly,

The Isreali schools used to be a favorite target of terrorism.  Now that Isreal has put several select fire weapons into the hands of citizens that know how to use them, the instanced are reduced.

I firmly believe that if we start seeing more random acts of terrorism, we won't have to worry about banning guns because all house holds will have them anyway.  In some ways, this is bad for the gun control crowd, 'cuz it shows that the government cannot protect us.

Guns are not evil, those guys didn't need guns to kill several thousand people.   I really think, pending more gross national stupidity, that is another nail in the coffin of gun control.

By the way, is this national ID card crap actually going to happen.  I already have more damn ID cards than I know what to do with!
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If I remember correctly,

The Isreali schools used to be a favorite target of terrorism.  Now that Isreal has put several select fire weapons into the hands of citizens that know how to use them, the instanced are reduced.

I firmly believe that if we start seeing more random acts of terrorism, we won't have to worry about banning guns because all house holds will have them anyway.  In some ways, this is bad for the gun control crowd, 'cuz it shows that the government cannot protect us.

Guns are not evil, those guys didn't need guns to kill several thousand people.   I really think, pending more gross national stupidity, that is another nail in the coffin of gun control.

By the way, is this national ID card crap actually going to happen.  I already have more damn ID cards than I know what to do with!
View Quote

You mean this?

[img]http://israelimages.com/medium/12390.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

You actually want a National ID card? Regardless if it ties in with reciprocated CCW across the land you want a National ID card?
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Bet those kids don't get rowdy or talk back to the teacher.[:)]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Bet those kids don't get rowdy or talk back to the teacher.[:)]
View Quote

Not unless they ban together and one kid pops the mag out and takes the one in the chamber for the others.[:D]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#11]
NO

Terrorism = greater need for Open Carry

Petrol to the playground; 4 Shekels
Dust Blue Sweater : 200 Shekels
AR15 .233 Carbine:  3200 Shekels

Defending your children 24/7 against any perpatraring SOB:  Priceless
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#12]
... I had a nightmare last night that as a part of the new round of "anti-terrorism" laws they revoked all CCW nationwide.

If so, they just created a criminal here.

... but as I awoke I realized we voted John Ashcoft into office too.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:57:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
NO

Terrorism = greater need for Open Carry

Petrol to the playground; 4 Shekels
Dust Blue Sweater : 200 Shekels
AR15 .233 Carbine:  3200 Shekels

Defending your children 24/7 against any perpatraring SOB:  Priceless
View Quote

That would make an excellent BILLBOARD!!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

You actually want a National ID card? Regardless if it ties in with reciprocated CCW across the land you want a National ID card?
View Quote

It's inevitable, whether I want it or not.
And if so, then being a National should make it so we can carry everywhere. 24-7

You will be stopped and searched
much more than before.
If your Papers aren't in order,
You will be arrested.

Everywhere you go, Your face will be scanned and your ID checked.

Welcome to the 21st Century.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I will probably get flamed for this one but...

CCW isn't going to help fight terrorism.  The whole idea of the terrorist is to strike unexpectedly and not at a single person but at a group.  CCW isn't going to stop hijackings because you can't carry on a plane. Isn't going to stop a backback nuke because you won't know its there until it goes off. Won't stop a car bomb because its just a parked car until BOOM. Same with bio/chemical agents.  

IF you were carrying and happened to walk by a group of terrorists making plans to bomb, poison, etc you shouldn't shoot them, call the feds (man thats hard to say).  

Terrorists are not going to start shooting people, not enough dead to justify it.

$0.02

That said, if you live in a CCW state, get the permit. The other evils are still out there.
View Quote

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  terrorist love sheep.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#16]
CCW agaist terroism. What a joke. How is a pistol going to stop a Ryder truck from parking and the guys inside blow it up with them inside. To be optomistic, they would probably shoot a hole in the plane and viola plane on the ground.
GG
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#17]
they would probably shoot a hole in the plane and viola plane on the ground.
View Quote

Although the movie [b]Goldfinger[/b] has had probably the biggest impact on the world on this subject, aircraft fly pretty much just as well depressurized as they do pressurized.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yes!

If only one person on each of the flights had a CCW then this would have never happened, or it could have prevneted lots of deaths.
View Quote

Or the one person could have been a terrorist with a forged CCW.........................
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:04:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top