Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2001 8:44:58 PM EDT
a one year enlistment for active duty?
i am prior service (19d) and would gladly serve another year for this...BUT the minimum enlistement for me is 3 yrs (may end up doing that anyways)...any chance of change?

Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:34:00 AM EDT
[#1]
SkaerE
You can enlist in the Navy Reserve and go to IRR after 1 year. Talk to a recruiter about it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:43:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:20:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
SkaerE
You can enlist in the Navy Reserve and go to IRR after 1 year. Talk to a recruiter about it.
View Quote

You can go IRR after a year under normal circumstances. If, in a period like now, going IRR from the navy is rarely approved unless extreme hardship is proven. Stick with the Army, you'll probably be happier with what you already know.

Sherm

Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#5]
the thing is...

there are no Reserve units that have combat arms (well, there may be a few but they are few and FAR between)  i could reclass to be an MP here but that would take AT LEAST 6 mo.

the National guard has combat units but just infantry around here i think

are the national guard even deployable?

BTW, no other branch will take me.  only the Army takes prior servicemen

Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:06:25 AM EDT
[#6]
BTW, no other branch will take me.  only the Army takes prior servicemen
View Quote

When I was in USMC boot camp we had a recruit who was prior Army.

Smalls

LCpl of Marines
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top