Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2001 8:34:09 PM EDT
ok, lookin for a deep cover conceal gun.  must be small enough to REALLY conceal (like ankle holster) , light, and reliable
looking at the taurus millinium...anyone?

MUST BE 9x19!!
thanks guys
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#1]
If concealment was a major concern, I’d go with the Glock 26 (esp. for an ankle holster).  I wouldn’t want to stake my life on a Millennium.

If you go for the Glock, always use a good holster that covers the triggerguard – shoving a Glock into your waistband is always a bad idea.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#2]
The Glock is an excellent weapon, but chunky for ankle wear, have you thought about a Kahr? for several years I carried a S&W 940 Centennial. It uses full moon clips if you don't mind those.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I shot the taurus millenium, but I wouldn't bet my life on it, especially for distance shooting.  Sorry that I don't have any real suggestions.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ok, lookin for a deep cover conceal gun.  must be small enough to REALLY conceal (like ankle holster) , light, and reliable
looking at the taurus millinium...anyone?

MUST BE 9x19!!
thanks guys
View Quote

I just couldn't get used to the trigger.  Glock fans seem to love them though.  A great carry.
[url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=2037664[/url]
Email if interested
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd go with the Kahr P9- it's way easier to conceal than any of the Glocks, and mine outshoots all my Glock 9mm's at 25 yards.  Recoil and muzzle flip isn't bad at all, even with Cor-bon 115-grain +P loads.  Highly recommend it!
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 6:34:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd go with the Kahr P9- it's way easier to conceal than any of the Glocks, and mine outshoots all my Glock 9mm's at 25 yards.  Recoil and muzzle flip isn't bad at all, even with Cor-bon 115-grain +P loads.  Highly recommend it!
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:08:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Even better would be the MK9 when it comes out with a poly frame.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:31:55 AM EDT
[#8]
The Keltec P11 would be more in the price range of the Taurus, and according to their fanatical owners, a good gun.

Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:41:24 AM EDT
[#9]
im interested in these 9mm revolvers, didnt know they were ever made.  might be a good choice for me though.  ruger makes an sp101 in 9mm doesnt it?  so people wont trust their life on a taurus but will on a Kel-tec?  are they actually worth something?

thanks again guys
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 8:02:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
im interested in these 9mm revolvers, didnt know they were ever made.  might be a good choice for me though.  ruger makes an sp101 in 9mm doesnt it?
View Quote

Yup they do, however I prefer the SP101 models chambered in 357 Magnum. Same weight and bulk with a bigger punch that is relatively easy IMO to control. YMMV

The Kel-Tec and Kahr line of subcompacts are worth a look for deep concealment as well.

Rick
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#11]
SkaerE,
 Ruger makes the SP101, used to make the Speed-6 in 9mm. S&W made the 940 and used to make the 547, a K frame 9mm that did not need clips. It was available with a 3 or 4 inch barrel, with round or square butt. I at one time or another have owned all the models listed. I preferred the 940. With the others you really have more weight and bulk than is necessary for a 5 or 6 shot revolver.   a 9mm +p will compete very well with a 357Mag out of a 2 inch tube. And of course you can reload quickly with a full moon clip. You used to be able to get speed loaders for the 547.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:32:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Discontinued but the Astra A70, slim single action, easy to carry & reliable,
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Considering the weight of the SP101 I would prefer the G26 as it'll be the same weight but have a 11rd. capacity.  G19/17 mags could also be used for capacity of 15/17/19rds.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:02:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Sig makes a single stack version of the double-stack P229, if forget what model number.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sig makes a single stack version of the double-stack P229, if forget what model number.
View Quote

P225.  Goes for about 425-450 NIB.  Have one.  Great shooter!

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

P225.  Goes for about 425-450 NIB.  Have one.  Great shooter!

Zaz
View Quote

Well, if you want a single stack Sig, try the 239, but not quite a "sub" compact. Good deals can be had on 225s though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:53:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I've got a Kel-Tec P11 that I use for backup, or regular carry when I'm in a lightweight mood(most of the time in the Phoenix summer). I've only had it a little while now, but I'm VERY comfortable with it. It's surprisingly accurate, very reliable, [b]S&W 59 series mags will interchange freely(15 round)[/b], and it's probably the lightest 9mm available for its size.
I use the Kel-Tec beltclip that mounts to the right side of the frame, and the pistol tucks away unobtrusively in the small of my back.
The double action only trigger does feel a little long, but I got used to it quickly.

The only complaint I have is that I wish it would have come with a stainless barrel. Mine has started to show a little surface rust after a while, from my body's moisture while carrying inside the rear of my waistband.
I'm having the barrel and the slide coated and refinished in OD green by [b]AZEX Arms[/b] in Flagstaff, though, so it won't be an issue.[:)]

Edited because I forgot to mention that this pistol cost me less than $230. A great deal in my opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top