Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2001 6:12:01 PM EDT
Why? How much are they? Where can you get them at?
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#1]
i have one of the new lssue ones. fantastic. i dont belive you can buy them, and guys i know in the army have no knowlage of them. this one is AF issue. it is great. single quick detach filter. camel pak hook up, radio hook up. "voicemitter" single lense with great picture. i wish they were on the market.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]
My wife was asking me today about gas masks, we were thinking about the Israeli gas masks that have the drinking tube. I think they are 45 bucks brand new.

Sorry no link right now.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#3]
The one's I have seen where the DDR 10M10 Gas masks there Germans there like the US M17A1 gas masks $24.95

At [url]www.majorsurplusnsurvival.com[/url]

They also have a lot more then that one if you have heard anything about these please tell
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Many of the Israel masks are past date.

Check out the info at this site:

[url]www.ASOD.org[/url]

The M95 Protective Mask has several outstanding features when compared to the M40 series mask.

Features:

Face piece made from halo-butly rubber, which has a certified capacity against liquid mustard agents for 24 hours, with no need of a second skin.

No voice-mitters to fail or leak, (the M95 has a built-in voice-mitter/exhaust valve all in one).

Consists of no metal parts.

Needs no tools to switch filter from one side to the other.

Has built-in in-let valve assemblies on each side.

"Bite-Valve" drinking system.

Fail safe seal.

Cool mate eazy don head harness, (six point system).

Does not affect shooting performance in any way.

This just covers the mask, the M95 C/A NATO filter that comes with the mask also outperforms any other.

Here is a picture:
 [IMG]http://www.asod.org/1a254f00.jpg[/IMG]  

[URL=http://www.ASOD.org]www.ASOD.org[/URL]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Watch your ass when shopping for surplus masks.. There are a number of M-17,and it's subsequent upgrades, that look good, but unless you find good, and proper filters are suitable for Halloween use only..

The others? Well, make sure it has a filter that is interchangeable with whatever source of filters you have.. BE aware, that some filters are for training use only, and won't protect you from anything stronger than a fart..

Also, if you get one, it tests good, and has spare filters and parts, wear it. Put the damned thing on, and just do routine things with it. Hell, SLEEP in it.. If it is just too uncomfortable, claustrophobic, or you suffer respritoary problems with the partially restricted airflow, then find a mask that will work. Consider that you are buying something upon which you may put your life.. What IS your life worth?

I won't push one kind, or manufacturer. The fitting of a full face respirator, and how it performs is as much a personal decision, as the buying of a handgun for personal carry..

Good luck, and hope we DON'T need Gas Masks..

Meplat.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:46:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Garand_Shooter -

What vintage are the filters?  Expired, current?
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 1:32:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I got a Canadian one, new type in OD green. Voicemitter, ambo filter (left or right), drinking tube, and an excellent mask overall with mesh type attachment over your head. Real comfortable too. Universal NATO fitting filter, etc.

Developed as the Gulf War was coming to life.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 3:27:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I just purchased a pair of MSA Advantage 1000 gas masks for ~$145 each. Anybody got any feedback with this model?
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 4:11:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 8:40:07 AM EDT
[#11]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Garand_Shooter -

What vintage are the filters?  Expired, current?
View Quote

Current.
View Quote

Does a filter come with the mask, or do you need to purchase seprate?
Carl
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:35:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a 15 month old son is there any out there that will fit him
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 11:41:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Guys, I hate to be the fly in the ointment but you might be interested to hear what I have to say.  Spend your money on other things, like donations or ammo.  My wife is a PhD Microbiologist.  Last year she took a full semester class on bioterrorism (not a how to but methods of attack and how to prevent spread).  It's major scary shit!  The problem as a civilian with bioterrorism is the lack of prior knowledge that it is coming.  In fact, you most likely won't know that you've been attacked until you start getting symptoms.  By that time it's too late for a mask to do any good.  If you're worried about chemical reagents, you've got the same problem with lack of knowledge.  But if by chance you do know it is coming or you see a "cloud" of gas travelling in your direction, you probably won't have time to put on your gear.  Not to mention the fact that it won't do you any good at home when you're out getting groceries.  How many of you are willing to carry full MOPP gear 24hours a day?  Also, how would you know when to take it off?  If you did manage to get all your gear on before the attack, how would you know when it was safe to take it off?  Where would you go for decontamination?  How would you know that you'd even been exposed?  The equipment to check for exposure is hundreds of dollars for even the cheapest stuff.

Now if it makes you sleep any better, go right ahead and buy a mask for everyone in your family.  But the day of the attack I was in my wifes lab and EVERYONE agreed that if the terrorists had bioweapons it was already to late (depending on what they had) for the east coast.  This was a room full of microbiologists, some of which have worked for the CDC.

My wifes words, "It makes me want to buy thousands of dollars in equipment, but I know it would just be a waste of effort and money."

Just be glad winter is coming.  Most bioweapons aren't viable or deployable in cold weather.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top