Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2001 5:57:56 PM EDT
What?  How about for the very lifeblood of our nation.  We live in a land that is as much mystique and theme than tangible.  So much is America, and all of it is under attack.  Those who have walked here before us have forged this legend, and we will defend it to the death.  What are we fighting for?

Walks in the park.  Hot dogs from street vendors.  Cruising in a freshly waxed car, windows down, radio blaring.  Kid's evening baseball games.  That first kiss.  Having a beer and barbecuing a big, fat steak.  Watching sunsets with a loved one.  Staying out on the town too late.  Reading Hunter S. Thompson stories.  The smell of fresh cut grass.  Hanging out in the garage, working on nothing in particular.  Walking your dog.  Playing with your children in the park.  Popcorn and candy apples at the fair.  Cold pizza served the next day.  A night out with the guys.  A good day's work and a paycheck at the end of the week.  Big, shiny, gas-guzzling automobiles.  Shooting your AR15.  Prayers around the dinner table.  Watching the game.  Kids on Christmas morning.  Drive-thru food.  A day off spent doing nothing at all.  Mom, apple pie, and the Grateful Dead.  Girls in tight blue jeans.  

All of these things, and too many more to mention, are Americana.  They represent our freedom and our lifestyle.  That lifestyle is under attack.  We will go to war to fight for this, to avenge the deaths of the innocent, to show our forefathers that we are still deserving of this great land, that we are still worthy of this freedom.  For this, for our ideals, for our way of life we will kill and be killed.  God Bless America![pissed][pissed][pissed]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Here, Here!! [beer]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
[size=2]... we could start by turning these all these into "tan" color.[/size=2]
[img]http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/storypics/4322399[/img]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#3]
You forgot one:

Getting dumped by women that think you have money and find out that you don't before you get to 3rd base.

SIDE NOTE: not that I wouldn't know it's just something I heard.[BD]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]
yes sir, and amen

SFC(ret)Rew E Williams
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to have to agree with the Gunny......

[img]http://images.cafepress.com/zoom/630193_zoom.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#6]
[size=4]Re-f**kin-venge
Retra-f**kin-bution
Re-f**kin-taliation[/size=4]

I'm ready, lets go.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top