Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2001 5:09:59 PM EDT
Y2K.

Normality is gone. The economy getting worse every day b/c of inability to "right the ship" and restore confidence. Society waiting for the "shoe to fall."

Money scarcer by the week. Strangely, money doesn't seem to help the situation anyway.

Nobody knows what will happen or how to react to what might happen.

Folks buying guns, ammo, water, canned goods, anything that can used or bartered during chaos.

We are all waiting. Waiting for the moment that we know is coming.

...buying a little more ammo in the meantime, just in case.

Sound familiar? Hope you didn't trash all those supplies you stashed 24 months ago. This one could be a doozy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Y2K.

Normality is gone. The economy getting worse every day b/c of inability to "right the ship" and restore confidence. Society waiting for the "shoe to fall."
View Quote
If we 'go to war' the economy will probably be improved. Increased production to support the effort means more workers needed. Ntl Guard activations means spaced need to be filled there
Money scarcer by the week. Strangely, money doesn't seem to help the situation anyway.
View Quote
Scarcer to whom? The money that was there last week is still there, it hasn't disappeared. Unless people burned money, it's still around, just in different hands. Like it is every day.
Nobody knows what will happen or how to react to what might happen.
View Quote

Except miss cleo. Otherwise, nobody knows what will happen next. But actually, no one ever does.
Folks buying guns, ammo, water, canned goods, anything that can used or bartered during chaos.
View Quote
I think some people are enjoying their little 'y2k redux' scenarios a little too much.
We are all waiting. Waiting for the moment that we know is coming.
View Quote
Wait a minute. Just before you said no one knows what will happen. Are you holding out on us??????
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish I still had my Y2K stuff! It took months to put that together, I might need it now. [:\]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top