Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2001 1:00:25 PM EDT
Well I picked up a HS2000 and a Mossberg Mariner 590 at the Houston gun show today.

The show was pretty busy with a lot of new buyers. I talked to three new gun owners myself. Two of them had someone helping them with their purchase. The whole terrorist thing has certainly driven up demand.

Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#1]
How is the Mariner? I heard that it was designed for slugs only. Is it a rifled barrel, or can you throw 00 through it?
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
No rifling. It is a riot type shotgun. I assume you can shoot 00 through it. I've got some T shot that I like to use.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#3]
retrodog, how were the prices on average? I was considering going tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Seemed typical, not inflated. But they are busy. The lady that did my paperwork for the HS2000 said that they were selling them as fast as they could fill out the paperwork. And it was only about 11:00. She said it would get a lot busier after lunch.

It is of course not the big show. That's not till November (I think) so there were limited quantities and vendors there. It is still pretty good though.

Man I sure do like having a CHL. That greatly speeds things up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got back, and ammo is selling fast. Over all the prices where good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top