Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2001 12:39:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Gaul explained that John Smeaton, vice provost of student affairs, ordered flags removed so non-American students would not feel uncomfortable.

"We have such a diverse student body and emotions are so high right now. The idea was to keep from offending some of our students, and maybe the result was much to the contrary," Gaul said.
View Quote

Oh, aren't we just sooooo sensitive.  After something like this, this maggot was worried about offending non-American students???????  Haven't we taken this 'sensitivity' way too far.

Link Posted: 9/15/2001 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Fudge that.

THIS IS THE UNITED STATES!!!!!!!

If the flag offends you:

GET OUT.

If you fear that the flag might be offensive:

GET OUT.

We have such a diverse student body
View Quote

All of whom
I'm sure
are fully aware
of the fact that they
are in the United States

AND

none of whom
are being held here
against their will.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:46:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I think John Smeaton should be censured.  What an @$$hole.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#4]
What gardenWeasel said.
If you don't like America, our our flag, or have a problem saying the Pledge Of Alligance, then GET THE FUCK OUT!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#5]
In-freaking-credible!  I just can't believe the depth the stupidity and "PC" of these IDIOTS.  I wonder if anyone did this sort of thing in the wake of Pearl Harbor?
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad I didn't attend a University like that!  Someone should call this guy and explain to him the meaning of being a TRUE US citizen.  We give these foreign students free educations, housing, money, and just about anything their little hearts desire.  All we ask for in return is a US Flag to support America and we offend someone?  Stuff like this really ticks me off.    
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is John Smeton's address and email.  We should all write him and tell how upset we are with his actions.  

John Smeaton
Vice Provost for Student Affairs

University Center
29 Trembley Drive
Bethlehem, PA 18015
Phone: (610) 758-3890
E-mail: [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I did not say how upset I was, I just asked him to leave our country.
Simper Fi

Bill
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think John Smeaton should be censured.  What an @$$hole.
View Quote
                                           HE is the non-american......does`nt he get it?.....there are a lot of "international students" (as they are normally called) in other schools.....they feel as bad as the rest of us.......this dude is just another educated idiot!   (complete lack of common sense)............[whacko]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree with GW and SJ.  If he is offended or feels that the flag is offensive, he should leave us and never look back.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#11]
You have to understand that our universities are no longer concerned with educating American citizens. They are now "the world's universities" and they will do nothing to offend those students paying non-resident tuition, which is significantly higher than what residents pay. Sure, your tax dollars may fund some of these schools, but they know who butters their bread.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In-freaking-credible!  I just can't believe the depth the stupidity and "PC" of these IDIOTS.  I wonder if anyone did this sort of thing in the wake of Pearl Harbor?
View Quote

No, we had a country then, now we have a sensitivity experiment.

"Now class,  let's see how many different racial groups we can cram into the smallest space before they start killing each other."
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 5:24:27 PM EDT
[#13]
John Smeaton offends me. I will feel better if he sucks on the snottie end of a Lorcin...

Link Posted: 9/15/2001 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Gaul explained that John Smeaton, vice provost of student affairs, ordered flags removed so non-American students would not feel uncomfortable.
View Quote

If the American Flag makes you "uncomfortable" maybe you shouldn't be in America!

Link Posted: 9/15/2001 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I just asked him to leave the contry as well as his other "non-Americans."

People like this pi$$es me off to no end. I thought we were over this kind of crap.

Guess not.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#16]
This jerk off needs to be strapped to the side of the first outgoing ICBM!
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I fucking hate people like that - suffer and die slowly you piss-poor bastards!!!!

Tyler
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Fudge that.

THIS IS THE UNITED STATES!!!!!!!

If the flag offends you:

GET OUT.

If you fear that the flag might be offensive:

GET OUT.

We have such a diverse student body
View Quote

All of whom
I'm sure
are fully aware
of the fact that they
are in the United States

AND

none of whom
are being held here
against their will.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.  If I cant be patriotic in my own country then where can I?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top