Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2001 8:18:03 AM EDT
I would like to upgrade my 590 so that it can handle those "CUTE" little Aguila shells. I mentioned this to several gunsmiths and they look at me like I'm stupid 'cause they don't know what I'm talking about. Where can I find some info about this?
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:36:27 AM EDT
[#1]
good question

BTT
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't know an upgrade was necessary. I thought they just wont's cycle older semis?
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I understand in previous topics, the feed ramp needs a minor alteration. What it is I don't know? Help plz.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay, they say it's an elevator modification. Hopefully, someone will come up with a modified elevator to handle it. I've been wanting to try them in my 590A1 as well.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey mattja,

I just picked up a 590A1 Mariner today at the gun show. How do you like your? Any problems?
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had my 590 over 15 years, great gun. I looked into the 2 inch shells years ago. It needed an elevator change. But I have 9 rounds so who needs more, I just switch to a different weapon
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey mattja,

I just picked up a 590A1 Mariner today at the gun show. How do you like your? Any problems?
View Quote

So far, no problems. The field stripping was more involved that I thought it would be though. I heard someone mention here that they are a pain to field strip, but I didn't realize how much of a pain. I guess I'll get the hang of it after a while. It has the speedfeed stock and GRS sights. It's a little light so I fully expect it to knock the crap out of me. :)

Why did you opt for the Mariner? I really like the look of them. Great finish. Have fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top