Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2001 6:59:52 AM EDT
My brother and sister live in Milwaukee and I can concerned of chemical or biological attack in out cities if this war gets out of hand.

I am in the Marines, NBC warfare, but what kind of chemicals do these fuckheads have? If I have my family purchase MOP gear, will this stop most of them? Where can I purchase GOOD gas masks and MOP gear?

God willing, none of this will ever happen...
thanks!
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Me too... I live in Salt Lake City which is just a hop skip and jump from Tooele Army Depot which is busy incinerating our chemical weapons. If one of those bastards would have drove a plane into that place this whole area would be f***ed.  Do they make a gas mask that will filter out this stuff or should I just put the house up for sale and move somewhere else?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:01:41 AM EDT
[#2]
All the answers that you seek are here:

[url]www.asod.org[/url]

(fellow ar15.com member -- Jade Edwards)

Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#3]
We would know a lot more about what they had if asswipe Clinton had not backed down to Sadam in reguards to UN inspectors.

The Germans have been selling them technology along with the Chinese.  How much will reach the hands of radical Muslims?  An paid agent of Iraq's intelligence service helped plan the World Trade tower bombing in 93 for bin Laden.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 10:59:51 AM EDT
[#4]
[url]www.thenewrepublic.com/092401/woolsey092401.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 11:15:30 AM EDT
[#5]
It has been 10 years since I retired so my info may be out of date. Back then a mopp suit had to be changed for a fresh one every eight hours, if I remember correctly. I was in mopp 4 (that is everything) for over 4 hours once. It was unbearable in the heat. I think it will be bad if it happens. John
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 11:22:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Germs: America's Secret War Against Biological
Weapons

by Judith Miller, Stephen Engelberg, William J. Broad

Published (of all dates!) 9-11-01!
Partial review on Amazon.com:
"Miller, Engelberg and Broad have written an outstanding and very readable history of the US and foreign germ warfare programs and of national and international efforts to ban biological weapons.

Many people spoke more frankly than I would have thought possible, so that the book is very
revealing.

Biological weapons are more frightening than poison gas, and more deadly than 767s loaded with fuel.

Bio-terrorism surely poses a much greater risk to the United States than any possible ballistic missile attack from a "rogue" state.

It is likely that an attack on the US with a communicable disease or a natural outbreak of one of the emerging influenza viruses that appear from time to time and have a mortality rate of 30%, comparable to smallpox, could devastate the country and place the Constitution and democracy at risk. The authors make this clear.

"Germs" is not perfect; the authors get the story on the failure of the proposed agreement to strengthen the Biological Weapons Convention wrong, because they reported based on only one point of view, and that a tiny minority one....."

Link Posted: 9/15/2001 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#7]
For civilians there is only one real, effective defense against NBC weapons.  That is moving to Wyoming or the equivalent.  If you live within a hundred miles or less of a city of greater then two hundred and fifty thousand people, you're most likely a terrorist target.  As a commentator on CNN said yesterday "Osam Bin Ladin likes high body count causalities".  Therefore the only defense is to be where few people are and you'll not be a target.  There is really no other answer for civilians.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top