Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2001 8:08:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 8:24:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Come over to my booth.  I am running a big special sale on USGI Magazines.  (probably some of yours are mixed in...)

Have a nice day.

Paul Podhorn
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn,

That would really piss me off if I had been screwed in a transaction with this clown.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Come over to my booth.  I am running a big special sale on USGI Magazines.  (probably some of yours are mixed in...)

Have a nice day.

Paul Podhorn
View Quote

Paul308,

Considering the number of people here you have pissed off and ripped off that was pretty ballsy. All I have to say is your time will come.

Kyle
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm assuming this new member going by paul308 is not the real deal but an imposter?  I think those of you that got stiffed should hire Mc-thin-skin to go over and beat Paul's ass.  Seems to me they both deserve each other.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, too bad I moved to Colorado!

I think it's funny that a crook is selling POS clones made by the biggest asshole in the gun industry, a.k.a. Todd Bailey of Special Weapons.

Link Posted: 2/25/2001 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Norm,

I think you're right.  This PAUL308 is from ND and his email is [url][email protected][/url]  I guess the real one is from IL and has the above email
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Dude .... I just thought of something ... fax machine toner is expensive as crap!  Anyway, here's a cool way to lighten somebodies pocket.... take 8 sheets of copy paper , run them through the copier with the lid open ( so they will come out black ) ... then tape them togeather at the ends to make a continious sheet lengthwise .... call your "friends" fax line and feed the long black sheet through the fax machine .... here's the catch .... when the first pages come out ... tape them to the last page and make a continious loop .... the fax machine will keep sending until your "friends" fax machine runs out of toner ! [}:D]
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 9:36:16 PM EDT
[#12]
roflmao
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I heard he's working with D&S Gun, a.k.a. Gunfinder.com.

Anyone know if this is true?
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 10:14:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Gunrunner,

Just curious why you didn't say or do anything. You are a LEO, are you not? Not trying to flame you here, just curious.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 3:46:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Points taken.

Again, was just curious.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Having followed this saga from the begining, I'm wondering what *has* happened to Paul Podhorn.  It seems like its business as usual for him.  At least it seems like he's still active on the gun show circuit.

So does anyone know what, if any, legal action has happened??  Just curious.

Rob
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Amazing how one guy could rip off so many, for so much money, with so little to fear.

What also amazes me is that the talk on this site is fairly tough at times, but when a massive rip off takes place, nobody does a thing. I realize that many don't live near Mr.Podhorn, so contacting him personally isn't easy. However, given the scale of the rip off involved, it's insane that this piece of trash will get away with it.

I wasn't one of those ripped off, but I can promise that if I was, Mr.Podhorn would have a VERY hard time forgetting me.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#19]
I am surprised he hasn't gotten the "Glock Glock" treatment from some sorehead.
With the way that things are nowadays, it is really surprising that you don't read about about his mysterious death in the papers.
Somehow, life has become really cheep to some.

Just my thought.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Why hasn't anyone beat Paul's ass? Well I'm sure the thought has crossed a few minds. I'm still a grand short because of him. What can we do except file complaints and wait? It's not worth it to me to drive to Ill. and kick the shit out of him and get arrested, for a grand. Lose my gun rights and get sued, for a grand. I guess I'll have to just use the legal system and put up with it's faults. In a perfect world I'd have other options, but this ain't a perfect world.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#21]
HKocher if you read this gunfinder.com goes to Davidson's Inc, of Prescott, AZ they are a pretty big distributer, are you saying that he works for them?  I know of a D&S that sells Special Weapons crap do you know where they are located or a phone # so I could confirm if this is them?
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 8:57:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Holy crap WILSON......remind me not to piss you off.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 9:22:55 PM EDT
[#24]
I live 5 minutes from Godfrey.If someone has actual proof that this guy ripped them off,that would hold up in court,I,d be glad to do some leg work for you.If he is the same guy that owns the mount company I think he only live 5 minutes from me!
No I won't beat his ass for you,But I could maybe get something started for you legally.Any lawyers here with a little free advice on how I could do this?
This guy sounds like a real turd,and I don't like turds.What does this guy look like? If he goes to the Belliville show this weekend I can see him up close and get his card.Or maybe he'll see this and not go if he has srewed people around here.
I know a couple years back someone was making a M1A mount at that show,taking money and never mailing it.It's a shame to because it looked like a decent mount.
I'm serious about doing this but only legally,I will take the time.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 1:05:31 AM EDT
[#25]
CIB, whoops we got our wires crossed, it is gun-finders.com I am speaking of.  Same people as DS Guns.  Gunfinder is out of Missouri.  I used to live in KS and they were at all of the Kansas City shows.  They are actually a pretty good operation, except for the POS Special Widgets clones they sell.

My info comes from this board so don't quote me on it.  On an earlier Podhorn thread a member mentioned he was working for Gunfinder, which would make sense, since Gunfinder is one of only 3 SW distributes and is the distributer for the MO,KS area.  If Podhorn was selling SW (he used to be a distributer before he got into trouble here) he is probably working with Gunfinder.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#26]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Seems to me that a rip off on this scale is a fairly good test for the members of this board.

Really fellas, if collectively, a group this large can be ripped off for thousands of dollars without any real follow up, what's to prevent it from happening in the future?

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not sure what the course of action should be, mail fraud possibly? I do know that this group of mostly very honest people should NEVER allow someone to get away with what Mr.Podhorn has done.

If it's important enough to everyone here to protect the honor most of us strive for among our members, then there's no doubt that our numbers are large enough to get some satisfaction in this case.

Thieves are scum.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#28]
He does the Belleville shows quite often but may not be welcome. One or 2 shows ago he reserved tables & didn't show because he went to a bigger show in Indy.  The promoter was pissed & wanted him to pay for show he skipped before letting him in again.

Link Posted: 3/8/2001 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm going to have several tables at the Bellville show this weekend full of M14 and AR mags. Isn't gunfinder the outfit that sells for cost plus 10%? How do we find this guy at the show?
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#30]
It looks very possible that G&B and I will be at the Bellville show on Sunday...  If we're there, we'll be carrying our coveted GREEN and YELLOW Cavalry Arms AR's.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Although cameras are usually not allowed in gun shows, somebody should get a pic w/digital camera and post it. Then when people go to shows they will know who this prick is and at least know not to buy anything from him. THEN if anyone has any goons working for them they could break his kneecaps with a baseball bat when he comes out of his hotel room. Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#32]
HKocher there is a D&S out of West Plains, MO that is a distributer for SW's, it's about 3 hours South and West of St.Louis, which is'nt too far from Godfrey.  Anyway this D&S does lots of Gunshows around MO,IL,KY,OK, in fact that is how they do most of their business, they don't sell much around this area.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Info:Paul Podhorn is a KC Gun show

HAHAHAHA

Info: Paul Podhorn is all your mags are ripped off-belong to us.

Paul Podhorn: Make your time, someone send me up the mags.....
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 5:42:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top