Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2001 1:03:39 AM EDT
The Wall Street Journal has a free ed-op site.  One of the editorials today (well, Friday), by Mary O'Grady, discusses the risk that Canada creates by failing to police its immigrants.

She brings up several incidents, including the Algerian terrorists who tried to cross the border with bomb-making chemicals (she incorrectly called them "plastic explosives") in late December of 1999.  The man driving the car, whose nervousness at U.S. Customs got him caught, was a known terrorist, but Canada had failed to do ANYTHING about him, not even after he withdrew his "refugee status" request.

To quote the author, "Without a firm commitment from Canada to [implement and enforce counterterrorist policies], the only other option would be to close the border."

http://[url]http://www.opinionjournal.com/wsj/?id=95001129[/url]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:50:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, considering how cold it is I wouldn't want to get out of the car and arrest anyone either.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 5:33:30 AM EDT
[#2]
200,000 Tamils in Canada? A world-wide fund raising apparatus set up for financing the Tamil separatists?

What in the Hell's wrong with Canada?

Eric The(ForgetWhatISaidAbout51stState)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 5:49:49 AM EDT
[#3]
voters who neglect to fully consider the issues...
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:52:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What in the Hell's wrong with Canada?

Eric The(ForgetWhatISaidAbout51stState)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

I ask myself that everyday. Millions of dollars to gun control and pennies to get rid of terrorist and and keep healthcare working.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:27:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I ask myself that everyday. Millions of dollars to gun control and pennies to get rid of terrorist and and keep healthcare working.
View Quote

The Canadian govt is going by the saying, "the enemy is within us" BS.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Like I stated in another thread. If the investigation into the WTC attack proves that even one of the scumbags involved in this attack got into the US through Canada I hope the ridicule and embarrassment of this discovery on the world stage will force the Canadian government to tighten up immigration laws. Also I hope it will force them to expel known or suspected terrorists or people associated with terrorists groups.
View Quote

It's already been confirmed that they did.  Two of the terrorists entered the U.S. in Maine, from Canada, and went through a commuter flight at a small airport so that they wouldn't have to go through security again at Boston Logan, where security was presumably tighter.

Having had to travel through Logan very frequently several years ago, I can confirm that "airport security" is a contradiction in terms there. . . .
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Tamil tigers are freedom fighters, and are no assosiated with osama bin laden.
what a stupid article.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Striker,

If any of those bastards get imprisoned in Canada, can you get me an hour alone with 'em?

[pissed]  [pissed]  [pissed]  [pissed]  [pissed]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top